IWFA membership

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who here on this forum is a member?

Both companies that I run are members to the tune of roughly $3k per year because one is a distributor member and the other is an associate member. Do I think they are perfect, absolutely not. However, they are the only legitimate industry orginization that we currently have. Since I make a living from this industry, I feel a responsibility to support it. For the cost of being a dealer member, $175 annualy I think, it is really a no brainer. That is like the average auto shop donating the profit on one car install and a flat glass dealer donating the profit on one set of patio doors per year!

Frankly, I do not see why there are so many people against. :twocents

They also have a library of info, education guides and other not so exciting benefits for members.

my dear friend, do you know that your sharings here are much more updated than the guides that they published years ago?The best guides in the market now are from Johnson, 3M and Llumar.

I think it is sad to see so many against it. Many of you would not be in this business if it were not for what they have done in the past

That is true to a extent. Many manufactures would not be in business if it were not for them. we are just trickle down. Why do you think the manufactures pay such a high price for membership. What is needed is a organization that protects us from manufactures taking advantage of us the end user by charging outrageous prices for product. Of course PJF, you are a member with all the company's you work for. If you are not allowed to sell product you are out of business. What kind of profit did you guys make last month because the IWFA?

/

Of course PJF, you are a member with all the company's you work for. If you are not allowed to sell product you are out of business. What kind of profit did you guys make last month because the IWFA?

It is hard to look at it that way Stan. I know that several things they have done are beneficial for the industry. If something is beneficial for the industry, then it will trickle down to us selling more product inb theory. I try not to over-think it. We make our living on this industry and I feel obligated to support the only industry group that we currently have. I dont really try to track how much more business I do because I am a member. Hope that makes sense.

Of course PJF, you are a member with all the company's you work for. If you are not allowed to sell product you are out of business. What kind of profit did you guys make last month because the IWFA?

It is hard to look at it that way Stan. I know that several things they have done are beneficial for the industry. If something is beneficial for the industry, then it will trickle down to us selling more product inb theory. I try not to over-think it. We make our living on this industry and I feel obligated to support the only industry group that we currently have. I dont really try to track how much more business I do because I am a member. Hope that makes sense.

Are you required by 3M to member up,to "legitimize" the film distribution.

Archived