Why is this "ryk shrink" kicking my ass? '00-'05 LeSab

bobwires

This particular curve is getting to me :bat

I've done beetles, eclipses, whatever. Somehow this thing is worse........ am I just tired? Or is this particular glass just that annoying?

I can't seem to resist the temptation to over-shrink.

To clarify - I've been learning to Ryk Shrink. I can do the easy glass, no sweat. This bastard is tricky, and I am beating my head against the wall.

It's 2AM, I'm on attempt #7..... I seem to have lost all ability...... I went to the old glove and gun method, and still fight creases.

my dry shrinking solution is making the glass sticky as hell.

:evileye

I've been using dryer sheets for ages. I also have some bar soap. I'm out of dryer sheets, but my glass is acting like it's contaminated! I sprayed the glass with soap, scrubbed it down with 0000 steel wool, squeegied it clean, and keep reapplying different things to make it slick........ I have a giant fan blowing on the solution to dry it, then I torched the glass down, and it's still sticky. the soap refuses to slide no matter how thick or thin the build.....

What the hell is my problem?!? I've never spent this much time on a single car in my life!

both very true.

I pull all-nighters on a regular basis, and I know I slow down. I usually don't get retarded...... The soap is worthless. Baby powder is where it's at.

This has me thinking: Is there a video out there of someone doing a 'Ryk Shrink' on a gnarly rear window? It's cake on the near-flat ones, but this bastage ain't ha'nin.

Archived