Window film in the local news

I hpoe I can stay awake for the 11:00 news. They are going to show window film on some houses and buildings that is melting the neighbors vinyl siding. Should be interesting.

That would be interesting. Any chance of taping it and upping to the net?

I hpoe I can stay awake for the 11:00 news. They are going to show window film on some houses and buildings that is melting the neighbors vinyl siding. Should be interesting.

That would be interesting. Any chance of taping it and upping to the net?

Tom can not even post a pic,,,,,,, :spit

It is actually a pretty well documented issue. The reflection from LowE and solar films can, Under the right circumstances cause extreme heat deflection. Vinyl is probably the most common siding used up here.

Why would anyone have vinyl siding? Are we living in the 80's still?

TJ, I was looking for the pics of my house I actually posted a couple years ago. It is almost all Azak and Cedar Impressions ( vinyl ) People need to touch it to believe it is not wood siding. And I have NO plans to paint in the near future.

Me neither. I have hardiplank. Also known as cemiplank. Made out of concrete, in which can be dyed during the process of making it. Lasts longer than vinyl and wood, and never needs to be painted. Dang, you guys know that Micheal Jackson is dead right?

Archived