What's the shelf life?

Hey there guys.

Can someone tell me what the shelf life of auto film is?

I have a 60" roll of LLumar ATR 30 CH which I bought about 6 years ago.

It's hardley been used. I stored it as I did some travel then totally forgot about it.

Glue still feels nice and sticky.

I tinted a friends car with it yesterday and all went well. Pitty is he's trying to sell the car so wont be able to see how long it lasts.

Dont know whether to keep using it?

What are the signs of a film going bad and does it actually go bad after time?

Cheers.

GTint.

We did a building way way way back with Johnson reflective blue. I had about 25 LF left on a 60" roll. The box had about 1/2" of dust on it when we actually found somewhere to stick it. The roll has to be 10 years old and we used it sometime last winter.....It was a no warranty job and also on interior glass. No call backs as of yet.

as long as the liner has not separated in any way then I would say it will be fine....extreme temps while storing might make a difference, but if it looks good going on then I am sure it will be fine

I've uses film over 10 yrs old without issue. The key is how you store it. If you think you'll have a roll around for a while , store it wrapped in the plastic it came in, throw some moisture packs inside the tubes first and finally store it where it's cool and dry . I have a storage room with a dehumidifier that runs 24/7 where I keep humidity at below 50%. I believe under these conditions , it's a non issue.

No fear sir, window tints are designed to face-off the elements of weather so there's nothing to worry if you kept them in proper storage.

The risk is slightly higher for films >8 years which are dual-ply because they will delaminate faster (within 5 years) after being subjected to heat shrinking during auto tinting.

Archived