Question about Washington state

Guest Mr_Flip78

Guest Mr_Flip78

So, my buddy wants me to do his WRX, but as he moved to WA last month, I decided to check the local tinting laws. It says a sticker to identify the legality of the tint needs to be applied. Where can I find these stickers?

Thanks

they want the sticker to have your business name and tax ID number on em. nothing about how dark the film is....don't bother doing it. they don't check 'em anyway. and not sure if you're reading the new film law or what but the law is 24% minimum on pass. vehicles and anything you want on everything behind the fronts of MPVs.

Guest Mr_Flip78

they want the sticker to have your business name and tax ID number on em. nothing about how dark the film is....don't bother doing it. they don't check 'em anyway. and not sure if you're reading the new film law or what but the law is 24% minimum on pass. vehicles and anything you want on everything behind the fronts of MPVs.

Thanks, since he just moved there, I'll hope that he can pull off the "they didn't require it in CA" line.

Think 20% is pushing it? or should I hunt down some 24 for him?

Guest Blake05

I worked up in washington for a bit and we did most of our cars in 15% and even did lots of windshield jobs at 50% all the way down to 30%. 20% should be fine especily since you can say that there meter is off. Cops are pretty lax on tint laws here from what I have seen. Plus a 5% diffrence can be accounted to so many things and it wouldent hold up in court. I also believe it is a secondary offence in washinton state.

Archived