• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be careful about saying positive things about 3M on here there are a bunch on 3m bashers. I personally like the film. The crystalline takes some getting use to but it is all worth it for the price you can sell it for and the amount of people that stop in just bc you have a 3m banner up.

I can say many a good thing about Llummar and also %&$# on other brands but thats not the point.

Whats this ghosting business I read about earlier?

I'm interested in the automotive CS & Crystalline and Prestige for flat glass.

If someone can shed some experienced light on these I would be very appreciative.

Shrinking, wet or dry?

SR coating?

Longevity, fade?

Any drawbacks?

This isnt aimed at a bitch fight or to bad mouth any film and far from it.

I'm on here to learn more about the industry I love and share my learning if anyone needs it!

Come on guys.

Oh, by the way what can you guys tell me about ENERLOGIC? It's new here.

The crystalline film will ghost but if you just dry shrink it you'll be alright.

I like the CS it will feel a little thin until you get use to it.

I have yet to see a customer ever come back for fading in FX, CS or crystalline

VERY EXPENSIVE ! That's about as far as I got with it. If the price comes down after a few years, I'll look into it then .

Price is a relative term, but in my neck of the woods it is too expensive.

Yep here too.

Its the most expensive film on the market and not just anyone can get it.

The EnerLogic 70 is costly but the EnerLogic 35 isn't that expensive (it's all relative, of course)

We have completed more than 15 installations without any issues. The ROI (winter/summer savings) is unmatched and I'd expect that northern climate dealers would do very well with this spec in competitive situations.

The 70 is expensive but the target market would obviously be high end and you'd compare the installed cost versus glass replacement.

More important is the technological advantage of this platform. Eastman-Solutia Performance Films can. . .the others can't?

I'll resist my strong temptation to weigh in on the 3M questions given that it's all been said and done before. .

:facepalm2

Be careful about saying positive things about 3M on here there are a bunch on 3m bashers. I personally like the film. The crystalline takes some getting use to but it is all worth it for the price you can sell it for and the amount of people that stop in just bc you have a 3m banner up.

People are just sharing their personal experience...even you stated having problems. Based on your posts, the ONLY true reason you like it the name...it brings you more customers and you are able to charge a high markup because of that. So you like it because you make more money. Which goes back to what I was saying that 3M is good because of brand recognition. The same can be done with other brands...we do $500 tint jobs with our Ceramic, but it costs 1/3 of what Crystalline does...on top it outperforms Crystalline on heat reduction on a IR lamp...not sure about real world test. So we make much more not using 3m.

What brand is this that you talk of?

Whats up with Formula One. I cant get it here. You have to own a TintACar franchise to be able to get it.

Formula One is Llumar's Elite line...every dealer has territory so a lot of shops can't get it. They are also very selective over who offers it.

I can say many a good thing about Llummar and also %&$# on other brands but thats not the point.

Whats this ghosting business I read about earlier?

I'm interested in the automotive CS & Crystalline and Prestige for flat glass.

If someone can shed some experienced light on these I would be very appreciative.

Shrinking, wet or dry?

SR coating?

Longevity, fade?

Any drawbacks?

This isnt aimed at a bitch fight or to bad mouth any film and far from it.

I'm on here to learn more about the industry I love and share my learning if anyone needs it!

Come on guys.

The crystalline film will ghost but if you just dry shrink it you'll be alright.

I like the CS it will feel a little thin until you get use to it.

I have yet to see a customer ever come back for fading in FX, CS or crystalline

All of their FX line will fade because it is a Dyed film...all dyed films do unless they are color stable. FX Premium will take a few years to show, but it would not be a huge amount.

Guest VaTinterPMan

So did your 3m distributor tell you that crystalline is not a ceramic film?? Just curious cause isn't that how this started??

I just don't understand why it is not so user friendly?? Like someone else said we are not bashing 3M just the film, which is two different things...Wouldn't you think they would change something to have more people want to use there product if its so GREAT???

No this topic started with me giving advice on using crystalline. But yes it is true there is no ceramic in it. It's actually a step above ceramic per rep, it blocks pretty much all IR rays when ceramic blocks about 78% It does have so carbon in it for color but besides that its the layers that bend and stop the heat from coming in

So did your 3m distributor tell you that crystalline is not a ceramic film?? Just curious cause isn't that how this started??

I just don't understand why it is not so user friendly?? Like someone else said we are not bashing 3M just the film, which is two different things...Wouldn't you think they would change something to have more people want to use there product if its so GREAT???

When you look at how much of their profit comes from window film, it is a very small percentage of their overall profit. So it is never going to be a high priority to them. Llumar by far has done the best job at making everything user friendly. Along with that, the resources they offer to their dealers is very impressive.

Archived