Be careful about saying positive things about 3M on here there are a bunch on 3m bashers. I personally like the film. The crystalline takes some getting use to but it is all worth it for the price you can sell it for and the amount of people that stop in just bc you have a 3m banner up.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
for the price you can sell it for and the amount of people that stop in just bc you have a 3m banner up.

...and McDonalds has the best tasting, high end quality hamburger in the world! They must because they are the most sold,well known and advertised of all hamburgers. That is all the proof I need as a consumer of the Big Mac :thumb

Be careful about saying positive things about 3M on here there are a bunch on 3m bashers. I personally like the film. The crystalline takes some getting use to but it is all worth it for the price you can sell it for and the amount of people that stop in just bc you have a 3m banner up.

I can say many a good thing about Llummar and also %&$# on other brands but thats not the point.

Whats this ghosting business I read about earlier?

I'm interested in the automotive CS & Crystalline and Prestige for flat glass.

If someone can shed some experienced light on these I would be very appreciative.

Shrinking, wet or dry?

SR coating?

Longevity, fade?

Any drawbacks?

This isnt aimed at a bitch fight or to bad mouth any film and far from it.

I'm on here to learn more about the industry I love and share my learning if anyone needs it!

Come on guys.

Oh, by the way what can you guys tell me about ENERLOGIC? It's new here.

for the price you can sell it for and the amount of people that stop in just bc you have a 3m banner up.

...and McDonalds has the best tasting, high end quality hamburger in the world! They must because they are the most sold,well known and advertised of all hamburgers. That is all the proof I need as a consumer of the Big Mac :thumb

That Big Mac when made right with care and love like in the advertisement picture, tastes awesome!!!!

VERY EXPENSIVE ! That's about as far as I got with it. If the price comes down after a few years, I'll look into it then .

Price is a relative term, but in my neck of the woods it is too expensive.

People are just sharing their personal experience...even you stated having problems. Based on your posts, the ONLY true reason you like it the name...it brings you more customers and you are able to charge a high markup because of that. So you like it because you make more money. Which goes back to what I was saying that 3M is good because of brand recognition. The same can be done with other brands...we do $500 tint jobs with our Ceramic, but it costs 1/3 of what Crystalline does...on top it outperforms Crystalline on heat reduction on a IR lamp...not sure about real world test. So we make much more not using 3m.

VERY EXPENSIVE ! That's about as far as I got with it. If the price comes down after a few years, I'll look into it then .

Yep here too.

Its the most expensive film on the market and not just anyone can get it.

For flat glass I've used PR70 on 1 job. Prick to apply, but it did what it was suposed to in the end.

Can I ask, how many of you guys on here have actually used a 3M product?

I've used their FG films... not a big fan, but that's more from an solo-installers POV then anything else. I haven't used their filmes long enough to tell how the clairity and such hold up.. although I have replaced old 3M film that I thought didn't look all that great.

It's expensive here too. I've only seen samples of it, but I hope to work with the film on a project next month. I'm actually kindof excited about it - more since it's something different then anything else. :D

People are just sharing their personal experience...even you stated having problems. Based on your posts, the ONLY true reason you like it the name...it brings you more customers and you are able to charge a high markup because of that. So you like it because you make more money. Which goes back to what I was saying that 3M is good because of brand recognition. The same can be done with other brands...we do $500 tint jobs with our Ceramic, but it costs 1/3 of what Crystalline does...on top it outperforms Crystalline on heat reduction on a IR lamp...not sure about real world test. So we make much more not using 3m.

What brand is this that you talk of?

Whats up with Formula One. I cant get it here. You have to own a TintACar franchise to be able to get it.

For flat glass I've used PR70 on 1 job. Prick to apply, but it did what it was suposed to in the end.

Can I ask, how many of you guys on here have actually used a 3M product?

I've used their FG films... not a big fan, but that's more from an solo-installers POV then anything else. I haven't used their filmes long enough to tell how the clairity and such hold up.. although I have replaced old 3M film that I thought didn't look all that great.

It's expensive here too. I've only seen samples of it, but I hope to work with the film on a project next month. I'm actually kindof excited about it - more since it's something different then anything else. :D

When I did the training they recommend to roll it up tight to a tube and then un roll.

Creases really easy and you cant hide them.

You have to use distilled water. Push the water out in short passes and I cant remember the tool's name but it has a long extension bar for greater push.

I'm yet to sell any of this.

Archived