• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is this a 3m hater website?

3M offers some great technology, but they have been unable make it user friendly. As people stated, shrinking is the worst and one of top complaints. There first 4 levels are not even 3m, they are reboxed from other manufacturers. Those fade obviously since they are dyed films, but most of the turn purple and have adhesive issues. Their top 3 lines Color Stable, Ceramic, and Crystalline are better quality, but when you look at the price they charge, you can find better film that cost less. 3M is only good for brand recognition since most households using something under the 3M umbrella, but it is far from the best film on the market.

Does anyone have anything good to report on 3M films???

It sells. I know there are many on here that have/will voice how they can close ANY sale over 3M. But what this proves to me is that they have to paddle while the 3Mer is riding the current. There is a certain security in "the koolaid" If you don't like the taste of it.....don't drink it. :dunno

Guest VaTinterPMan

3M offers some great technology, but they have been unable make it user friendly. As people stated, shrinking is the worst and one of top complaints. There first 4 levels are not even 3m, they are reboxed from other manufacturers. Those fade obviously since they are dyed films, but most of the turn purple and have adhesive issues. Their top 3 lines Color Stable, Ceramic, and Crystalline are better quality, but when you look at the price they charge, you can find better film that cost less. 3M is only good for brand recognition since most households using something under the 3M umbrella, but it is far from the best film on the market.

For me If I just hung a 3M sign outside my shop I would get x amount more people walking in or calling cause no one in a 50 mile to 75 mile area around my shop no one uses and yeah I can charge more per car make more money and so on...but why isnt anyone using there film here and I got a sample and I know now why...I wouldn't make as much money and so on...I would have no hair and be mad all the time....

For me If I just hung a 3M sign outside my shop I would get x amount more people walking in or calling cause no one in a 50 mile to 75 mile area around my shop no one uses and yeah I can charge more per car make more money and so on...but why isnt anyone using there film here and I got a sample and I know now why...I wouldn't make as much money and so on...I would have no hair and be mad all the time....

99% of the time when people call asking for 3M, I am able to talk them out of it and get the job. Besides what I stated before, I also make sure the customer is aware of what 3M film the shops they are calling are using. Some shops do the good, better, best with the FX Premium, Color Stable, and Crystalline. Other offer cheaper levels like FX ST and FX HP that will turn purple, but still charge a high price since it is 3M. So once they are educated beyond the brand recognition, we usually get the sell.

People don't talk about 3M film enough on here, and a lot of people use it and need tips. So I thought I would start with their Crystalline (ceramic) line. A lot of their films are not user friendly but from my experience it performs the best. I have yet to ever ever have anyone come back b/c a 3m has failed.

With their ceramic line the biggest thing is the color will come right off so instead of scratching it there will be a scratch and a line of no color. Just be extra careful when using not to crease and if you get a small one make sure you but a paper towel over the card you are using to take it out. Then there can be ghosting try no to wet shrink and be gentle when shrinking out. I tried to tint a GTI with this stuff and it seemed impossible I ended up 2 piecing it. Hope this helps someone. And if anyone has any pointers I would love to hear them

:chin

So, you love the film, but it doesnt shrink well, the color will come off, creases easily, it ghosts, scratches easily, and you couldnt do a GTI in one piece with it?

Sounds like a great film...

Yay 3M!

Archived