• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol I find it funny to think that people really know any difference other than what is fed to them. TJ I feel you are just getting them to drink your brand of koolaid. It's all sugared water, some blue, some red.....maybe an orange or yellow. :dunno

Maybe I am just naive........

None of the above. My secret weapon is my wife. Ive said it before and I'll say it again. She could sell a pee flavored popsicle. She is that good. Last year she had an 87% win bid percentage. Most of our customers havent a clue what is being installed.

Like I said, most dont know what is being installed. My wife has such a fantastic ability to relate to our customers. She insists they talk about film for 5-10 minutes. The rest of the time is talking about what is going on in their lives, kids, sports, etc. When it comes to the question of why is your (our) product better than 3M, she has is down. For small fries like us, if you can win a bid on a house against 3M then you are doing something wrong.

I love 3M threads. BTW, I am the guy that in 4 years have only lost one bid to 3M. My customers have a brain.

TintJunkie, If you want I can post a few treads where you were not happy with the MADICO that you sell.... :D ...... :thumb

One thing you never see me post, I never bash other film manufacturers, well one time but that was a film made many years ago and it turned purple and blurry.... :lol

So is it the company or the product that's the problem?

Seems to me everyones gripe is the company?

No matter what film is used, they all fail at something at some stage.

I love 3M frosted film and opaque vinyls! The best!!! I have put up 1000's of m2 of this stuff.

Not because of the name but because how good these products are compared to the rest.

As for cars, I just recently recieved a sample roll of CS50 and will soon find out how it goes on and looks.

Just by feeling it in my hands I can tell it will need a bit more care.

Only time will tell if it turns purple, dellaminates etc etc.....

There's a tint shop on the Goldcoast that has a picture gallery of 750 cars done in 3M product. "UltraTint"

Great looking film in the pics. Sorry, dont know how to put a link for this.

For flat glass I've used PR70 on 1 job. Prick to apply, but it did what it was suposed to in the end.

Their safety film, on a huge job I was on a little while back, didnt feel any different to me than any of the other brands?

I've used tons of Llumar in both auto & flatglass, used plenty of auto Sungard 12 years ago, a little of auto Suntek & Johnson and a little of Solargard only for flat glass. I want to have a go with their auto ranges soon.

Why not give 3M a go and be a bit different to every other tint shop out there?

Can I ask, how many of you guys on here have actually used a 3M product?

So is it the company or the product that's the problem?

Seems to me everyones gripe is the company?

No matter what film is used, they all fail at something at some stage.

I love 3M frosted film and opaque vinyls! The best!!! I have put up 1000's of m2 of this stuff.

Not because of the name but because how good these products are compared to the rest.

As for cars, I just recently recieved a sample roll of CS50 and will soon find out how it goes on and looks.

Just by feeling it in my hands I can tell it will need a bit more care.

Only time will tell if it turns purple, dellaminates etc etc.....

There's a tint shop on the Goldcoast that has a picture gallery of 750 cars done in 3M product. "UltraTint"

Great looking film in the pics. Sorry, dont know how to put a link for this.

For flat glass I've used PR70 on 1 job. Prick to apply, but it did what it was suposed to in the end.

Their safety film, on a huge job I was on a little while back, didnt feel any different to me than any of the other brands?

I've used tons of Llumar in both auto & flatglass, used plenty of auto Sungard 12 years ago, a little of auto Suntek & Johnson and a little of Solargard only for flat glass. I want to have a go with their auto ranges soon.

Why not give 3M a go and be a bit different to every other tint shop out there?

Can I ask, how many of you guys on here have actually used a 3M product?

We have used 3M, everyone is complaining about the automotive film, not the company.

I love 3M threads. BTW, I am the guy that in 4 years have only lost one bid to 3M. My customers have a brain.

TintJunkie, If you want I can post a few treads where you were not happy with the MADICO that you sell.... :D ...... :thumb

One thing you never see me post, I never bash other film manufacturers, well one time but that was a film made many years ago and it turned purple and blurry.... :lol

Which is why I have shifted from selling Madico. I call it as I see it.

Archived