that gas price pic is proof of how phuking croocked the bush's really are. If they have that power in office then they could keep those prices out of office. Oil is a privatly owned biz and should be banned from political ties all together.

I managed in the oil industry for 15 years. Right in the hot bed of the oil sands of Alberta, Canada. I stay on top of dealings to this day with many associates in the industry. This is not a "crooked Bush" thing. It is a supply and demand on the world market thing. You think prices are bad now? Wait until Canada starts pushing their reserves to China and the US continues to limit drilling/exploring of their own reserves. Oil is a direct supply and demand function. (I will not go into the whole OPEC monopoly/mafia cartel. That is another discussion that impacts a variety of markets in many ways.)

Causes of high prices at the pump:

-Over regulation

-Low drilling activity

-Insufficient refinery capacity (check the last time the US built a new full scale refinery)

-Demand from developing countries

-Restricting drilling on your own countries known reserves

There is validity in this simple illustration as to part of the problem in the US.

oilprices.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK guys, I'll leave this up, but you all have to promise that if this thread makes you mad you aren't going to stop coming around or not be friendly etc.

That always seems to happen with these, someone gets upset, I got to step in and make everyone madder and then the forum goes dead for a week.

I really think it's a bad idea to let this thread continue until it blows up.

OK guys, I'll leave this up, but you all have to promise that if this thread makes you mad you aren't going to stop coming around or not be friendly etc.

That always seems to happen with these, someone gets upset, I got to step in and make everyone madder and then the forum goes dead for a week.

I really think it's a bad idea to let this thread continue until it blows up.

I tend to agree on work related discussion groups.

I leave Facebook to be the place to senselessly argue. :D

I moved the election thread from the general to the 50 post minimum.

If it wouldn't be too much to ask, please post off topic threads in the off topic forums.

Also, political threads always end in disaster here, they are worse than 3M threads.

It's like throwing a grenade into the tinting forum, so I don't know if you guys really want to continue with it or not.

:spit Worse than 3M threads........... Now that is bad :lol2

Archived