Passing up a job due to health reasons.....

Has anyone ever passed on a job due to health reasons??

Without a long and drawn out story, I have issues with my feet... and being on them all day pretty much kills them and they continue to hurt for at least the next day or two.

Since I only do FG... I don't really do installs every day... or even all day. Most of my jobs are fairly small, which while doesn't bring in huge $$$$, it does enough....

But I have the opportunity for fairly big job... and it's been 9 yrs since I've worked for a shop working 5 days a week doing installs... I honestly don't know how I feel about this project.

I'm moving forward with it for now... I have a project next week (hopefully) that will be a 6-8 day straight job... I'm kindof going to use that as a test to see how I do.

I dunno... I've been going back and forward for the past couple weeks... fortunately the project isn't in a rush to get done...

What do you think? I'd hate to pass on the job for several reasons....

And unfortunately, it doesn't pay enough that I could hire people to do it. I have to be there at least a good part of the time. Which I have no problem with. I'm not against a hard days work....

Ugh....

Anyone got a spare pair of feet they don't need??? lol (I've actually considered chopping them off... that olympian did very well with two prostetic feet!)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a suggestion Roach, I know it's a lot of money but it might be worth the money to get orthotics . They can work wonders . In theory everyone needs them , it's just a matter of what degree of support. Some need more support than others but if you get to the point that you are considering turning down work then are they really expensive ? Your feet support is one of the most important things for your physical body

Heh.. funny you mentioned that. When I did a home show a few yrs ago (That was tough - standing for 3 days...) the guy next to me sold them... I really wish I had gotten fitted and everything. :(

And honestly, the reason I did not was because my feet have caused me pain since I was born.... been thru a dozen surgeries... I just found it hard to believe that they would make much of a difference. Which I regret....

Im gonna tell you like your daddy prob told you when you were young.

Suck it up, and get it done!

I dont have problems with my feet, but have tendonitis in both shoulders. Some days when I get out of bed (if I can even sleep through the pain) I cant even lift my arms without severe pain, but I still get the job done. There is nothing I can do about my shoulders, but there are things you can do to ease your foot pains.

Im really just bustin your chops, but at this time of year, you should seriously think about your decision.

BTW, Im not a pill popper. I only take some sort of pain pill when it is just too much for me to handle. I have always been afraid of addiction to pain pills, as I have an addictive "personality".

Archived