Tropical Storm/Hurricane Sandy

Guest VaTinterPMan

I didnt think about all the trees y'all have up there. That type of hurricane here, like Ike, wasnt such a big deal where I live, which is about 70-80 miles from Galveston where it hit. We have few trees here, so I can only imagine a soggy ground, and high winds on tall trees could spell disaster. Do you have basements there? Id hate to think of a family sheltered up in their house and a tree (or multiple trees as they strike each other) falls on a house. Dang, and its cold outside?! Yeah, no thank you. I spent most of Ike outside smoking cigars and boozing. Good luck bro.

So far it had been all hype. Not a lot of power outages or flooding. Just another rain storm

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VaTinterPMan
I didnt think about all the trees y'all have up there. That type of hurricane here, like Ike, wasnt such a big deal where I live, which is about 70-80 miles from Galveston where it hit. We have few trees here, so I can only imagine a soggy ground, and high winds on tall trees could spell disaster. Do you have basements there? Id hate to think of a family sheltered up in their house and a tree (or multiple trees as they strike each other) falls on a house. Dang, and its cold outside?! Yeah, no thank you. I spent most of Ike outside smoking cigars and boozing. Good luck bro.

So far it had been all hype. Not a lot of power outages or flooding. Just another rain storm

Lots of power outages down here....Plus the Crane that broke and is hanging from a thread in New York city about 2,000 feet up...You can't call that hype...

Lots of power outages down here....Plus the Crane that broke and is hanging from a thread in New York city about 2,000 feet up...You can't call that hype...

You guys are getting it worse than us. The reporters are showing 3 foot waves like its a tidal wave.

Guest VaTinterPMan

OMG, my neighbor in the back had replaced his fence and whole roof/sliding....because of a Micro-burst that came through our hood back in July. A tree fell on his House. I told him to take the other two down....I was in the back yard and the biggest gust came....about 80mph....Lifted his NEW fence up about 4 feet and the tree stayed leaning at about a 70 degree angle over his deck and home...

WHAT A NOOB...Don't listen to someone that knows a little bit about trees and the Ground around here...Its not like I have lived here 26 years or anything....COME ON MAN!! like the monday night football thing....I would take a pic but it is pitch dark now....I did run over and let him know....Hope for the best with him but I think its coming down...No it is going too....

VA Be safe everyone...Watch out for the BIG A$$ Trees they will fall before the small ones...

Archived