Tropical Storm/Hurricane Sandy

Guest VaTinterPMan

Guest VaTinterPMan

We just looked at the weather.com videos about it. Very scary.

Hang in there everyone.

X2...I sent Howard a Email Thanking him for the prayers and thoughts and to stay safe but I haven't heard back yet today...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VaTinterPMan

Well we have rain and winds prolly stable around 20 and gusting to about 30 - 35. And the storm is still 400 miles away...I am afraid if they are right this is going to be a hell of a storm. one for the record books...I have been hoping with everything else going on right now that they were going to be somewhat wrong but I doubt it.

Will keep you'll up to date. Everyone be safe that is effected by this....I know they evacuated about 400,000 people from New York, New York or well Manhattan Island. I know we have some people on here from around there or that area... Lorenzo and a couple of others mind isn't working right now . BE SAFE....

VA

Guest VaTinterPMan

Big change this morning in the weather....The Wind is still about the same about the same but gusting a little higher. The temp has dropped to about 40, and Rain bands of A inch or two a hour are coming in off he Chesapeake Bay. The brunt of the Wind is expected over the next 36 hours starting around 8 or 9 Am this morning....Still have power for now

VA

Guest VaTinterPMan

First Map I am on the Border of the Darker Red/Purple...The Second Map Virginia Tech is Just south of the 2 feet or more Locally ( I am worried cause my best friends Brother lives there with a 6 week old ) So Power is a must. He was the other one from the pics.... And in the Third map with the wind I am once again on the border of the Purple and dark Red....

The Wife is starting to get a little scared, She just woke up at 5am and watching the weather. She was still hoping for it to go north or out to sea....But I did what Tint123 said, I got the Converter....Also set up a Tint so I could leave the garage all the way open to get the fumes out when the car runs....But I will build fires if we do loose power so I can keep the Food good and have power for hot water and maybe some Internet.....and a TV....

Guest VaTinterPMan

Thanks TW :thumb I do have to admit this has taken our minds off the lost of our loved ones....Its sounds bad a little I know. But anything to help take our minds off of it even if it is for a little bit...

No man, it doesn't sound bad at all. Focus on the storm , there will be as much time needed afterwards to properly grieve . Be there for each other , This Too Shall Pass.

Archived