X2 cut how you do yours?

I do it the other way. First piece liner away, then the other liner towards me. Don't have to wory about scratching. I use a hard card to tack the film down, and mark with a grease pencil so I dont want the film wet. I also snap shrink both peieces together at the same time. This way I can just peel the first one to lay in ,and just flip the other one over when I'm ready to peel it.

Driver then passenger then 1/4's. Bottom piece liner away, top piece liner towards me. Cut, then to peel board to round corners. Then back on the check for fingers. If fingers pop up, shrink both pieces. Snap. Shrink again. Rinse and repeat. I prefer to shrink all windows on the outside if needed so no inside shrinking is needed.

Comes right off the film handler/cut table and onto the peel board, layered with both pieces liner out. I'll get any double cut pieces on the board then take them to the car for cutting. Lately I've been successful snapping all rollups on the peel board right after rounding corners. Haven't shrunk on the car on the last dozen or so. I like it :thumb

I always double cut with liners out, sticking the two pieces together on the cutting board. I use 36" wide rolls, so for most cars, it's as easy as pulling the width of the window off of the roll, cutting that in half, and flipping one piece over. Then transfer to car for cutting.

I always cut front windows, then rear, then quarters, then cut and shrink BG. I always install BG first, then right front, and work clockwise around and install left front last.

I typically cut on drivers side, first liner facing me, second facing away... Cut, then take the first layer flip it, peel it, stick it... Etc

When.you guys snap shrink on the car how exactly are you doing that & how far do you lift up the film?

Archived