New Toy Will Explain the Truth About IR Claims

We just received our first shipment of the new and much anticipated Solar Spectrum Meter.

Features:

• Expanded IR measurement range out to 1700nm
  • Tsolar, Tvis, Tuv
  • IR ranges can be measured 900-1000nm and then switched to open up to 780-1700nm (no other meter does this!)
  • Calibrated to EN410 standard, ISO9050, and NFRC 300 standard (user can select each one)
  • 6 performance values displayed
  • Most accurate portable device available
  • Damage weight values (showing a relative comparison of sun damage reduction)

Here is a demonstration of IR Transmission on a popular film. Using 1/8" clear SP the top measurement is 780-1700nm and the middle is the popular 900-1000nm measurement. Notice the change in transmission percentage. This is going to be fun and very easy to explain. :D

a51fb78fd6a95c330bcadb3c24d74348.jpg

Edit: Thanks MikeMN!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Care to say what? Pretty expensive toy to be cryptic about its selling points. :dunno

Sorry, not trying to be cryptic. There is a lot to type so I hit most of the significant points. Some others:

• Tests single, double, and triple glaze
  • Measures Tdw-ISO, NFRC, and Krochman Damage Weight
  • Expanded NIR
  • Battery Powered

So....this meter was designed to combat one particular popular film?

Rumor has it that that little gizmo can show some other interesting data as well

:thumb Yes it can.

Care to say what? Pretty expensive toy to be cryptic about its selling points. :dunno

I'm getting the same vibe Eastwood

Sorry, not trying to be cryptic. There is a lot to type so I hit most of the significant points. Some others:

• Tests single, double, and triple glaze
  • Measures Tdw-ISO, NFRC, and Krochman Damage Weight
  • Expanded NIR
  • Battery Powered

So just say it in English.... Who or what are you using it to sell against?

So just say it in English.... Who or what are you using it to sell against?

Come on Stan, I took a picture for you! Universal language right there. :poke

It was a demonstration of a film with an advertised high IRR percentage that in reality was a sliver measurement in the NIR spectrum. The meter makes a comparison to the widest measurement available in an affordable portable device. Any wider and you have to start dropping some big money for the equipment.

You can also use it to measure all kinds of things such as VLT, UV Transmission, Solar Transmission, and Damage Weighting which gives you and idea of a glazing system's ability to reduce sun damage all in 3 different standards.

It is a handy tool for "on the spot" verification of performance claims.

Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks :beer

I'm not bashing Vquest. I understand you and your dealers likely lose a lot of market share to Prestige/Crystaline and this is a means of gaining it back. I commend you. I was simply asking from the perspective of someone who is not in either camp. What are the benefits of this meter past selling against 3M? You were cryptic, I don't fault you per say....but what's the damn selling point?

When educating someone on true IR capabilities it will be great. Showing UV transmission and reduction will be great for resi. Heat reduction is also a bonus, all in one is even better. ....I really like the IR bit

Glad I'm not the only one. Thanks :beer

Hey, I'm trying guys. :nohit:

The Damage Weight measurement is pretty cool. A lot of clients will ask: "How much better at fade reduction is film A compared to Film B?" That was always a challenge to explain. Now you can show them.

When educating someone on true IR capabilities it will be great. Showing UV transmission and reduction will be great for resi. Heat reduction is also a bonus, all in one is even better. ....I really like the IR bit

:thumb I like the IR as well. I use it to turn energy related specs from focusing on IR claims to SHGC where it should be focused. It is working very well for that. :beer

Archived