1996 impala

Guest alzz0

Guest alzz0

Hey guys I've never done one any problems with this car , any tips? I heard its a hard one and heard things about heating rear window looks flat to me some help Would be muchly appreciated thanks '!

I can't remember any tips on this car only to say I remember cursing the craap out if it. Glad they are a car that aren't around anymore for the most part.

Have a cold beer in hand is my tip :lol

Pull the back seats, pull the rear deck unless you want a big ugly rear brake light cutout and fur all in your tint. Doors are no big deal, back glass is no big deal. It has a whale-tale at the bottom that will form a reverse pocket. Shrink the back like normal then save the pocket in the bottom middle for last. Quick heat and a stretch/pull.

Guest alzz0

Pull the back seats, pull the rear deck unless you want a big ugly rear brake light cutout and fur all in your tint. Doors are no big deal, back glass is no big deal. It has a whale-tale at the bottom that will form a reverse pocket. Shrink the back like normal then save the pocket in the bottom middle for last. Quick heat and a stretch/pull.

What do you mean by that? While its being installed pull the bottom ?

I have done plenty of those in the SS trim. No shrinking the rear glass, more stretching the lower corners, like a Batetta but much easier. I remember the passenger front door being a pita for some reason.

What I mean is the Impala "bubble chevy" rear deck touches the glass as in, pinned up against it a solid 2 inches up and the brake light is also pinned to the glass and part of the rear deck. There is no sliding the film down behind the light. Yes you CAN cut it out and slide the film down but it's just easier to remove the back seats and rear deck. The seat bottom pops out then unbolt the seat back, then remove the rear deck. 1326163754_153_0_94ImpalaSS_29k_rear_large.JPG

What I mean is the Impala "bubble chevy" rear deck touches the glass as in, pinned up against it a solid 2 inches up and the brake light is also pinned to the glass and part of the rear deck. There is no sliding the film down behind the light. Yes you CAN cut it out and slide the film down but it's just easier to remove the back seats and rear deck. The seat bottom pops out then unbolt the seat back, then remove the rear deck. 1326163754_153_0_94ImpalaSS_29k_rear_large.JPG

This. Takes all I five minutes if that to pull the whole deck out. Shrink. Stick. Beer. :thumb

Archived