• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FAST TINT MAN

If you were a money making person. You would listen to the smart and not assume that loosing money means spending money. To each his own......  However this machine never gets sick, never tells me it needs a lunch, break or complains about another car at 5:50 when closing is 6pm. Soooo... all the money not only goes to my pocket (since it doesn't all fit there ;) ) but to the bank and other investments that keep making me MORE money!  :thumb

Still agree with painted. Although I believe a plotter does have a good purpose, especially with tint tattooing, and some tricky stencils or art designs, as far as cutting cars out? I don't see the point. It takes me 2 - 5 minutes tops to cut a car, 5 minutes being if its got shit weather shields and I have to single cut my quarters because their shit too. Don't disagree with people having plotters I think their great...... If I wasn't paying a solid amount every month for it

Guest FAST TINT MAN

I see both points. Some may find it easier to cut by hand because they are not used to it. Although I, myself started by cutting by hand just like everyone else and I opposed even using Computer Cut. Back in the day it use to take about 1hr & 1/2 to do a full car by cutting patterns by hand (since 1989  :trustme ). Now it takes only 2 minutes to cut a FULL car and 30 min to tint the car. For me, it has saved a lot of time. The premium per month pays for itself.  ... if you have any questions .. ask Gary @computercut.com  :lol  :lol  :thumb

True, one thing I keep hearing is it speeds everything up, as if your paying a trainee who can cut exact rverytime, which IS handy. It's just I've heard you can pay into the 00's for it per month to cut film for you, plus your not getting your style of cut. I got a different style of cutting to others where I leave 1mm overhang to custom fit as well as my corners having minimal trim from that. Not saying the cut wouldn't make for a good install but I'm not keen on using other people's cuts especially 1/4 glass

For all of those looking for an alternative to Olfa blades, and based on the recent discussion that may be a decent number of you. I have a potential solution you can try. NT Cutter makes a great blade and they are allowing Interwest Tools an opportunity for you to try their blades and get one of their favorite NT Red Dot knives for free. This could be the replacement to Olfa you have been looking for.

Check out the promo on our website for more details. http://www.interwesttools.com/p-236-nt-cutter-combo-promotion.aspx

Archived