Why do people use Olfa? I bought a very nice slim knife with snap-able blades at a local tool shop... Stainless blade replacements are only $1.97 for a pack of 5 and each blade snaps off several times...

Not being stupid, I'm just asking seriously, is there a reason people use Olfa?

I would not be excited about paying $19.97 for a 50 pack of blades.... 

I use the KDS standard hone blades and like them much better than the Olfa's.   I also use a piece of white packing strap material under the blade when cutting most times to keep the blade off of the glass....keeps the edge better for much longer and NO chance of scratching the glass....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

glad I decided to buy a large amount a few years back... haven't given me any problems... but maybe that only comes from the newer blades.

Same here. I still have about 6 boxes left. All have oiled paper in them already too. :thumb

Would you sell me some some of the old blades so that maybe I can do some testing against the new ones? Also Shady, sending you a message offline. :thumb

Yea. I will pull a box tomorrow. :thumb

Only gonna cost ya a Bagillion zibbadibbaillionaos pesos. :lol:spit

So translted into united states currency from pesos,that

Would be how much he should send you?

glad I decided to buy a large amount a few years back... haven't given me any problems... but maybe that only comes from the newer blades.

Same here. I still have about 6 boxes left. All have oiled paper in them already too. :thumb

Would you sell me some some of the old blades so that maybe I can do some testing against the new ones? Also Shady, sending you a message offline. :thumb

Yeah Olfa seems to pull a deaf ear on the issue much the same as the maker of Poly 2 sprayers did in the early days of their redesign. They will see a max exodus very soon if they don't do something about their edge quality. They'll lose an industry that feeds them because NT blades have come back from poor performing to give big O a run for their money. It's only a matter of time.

Agreed. Someone will always step up to fill a void. That is what I am working on right now.

I just need a couple blades. Be sure they are the ones with the blue label if you have those....and tell me where to wire your Bagillion zibbadibbaillionaos pesos. :thumb

Why do people use Olfa? I bought a very nice slim knife with snap-able blades at a local tool shop... Stainless blade replacements are only $1.97 for a pack of 5 and each blade snaps off several times...

Not being stupid, I'm just asking seriously, is there a reason people use Olfa?

I would not be excited about paying $19.97 for a 50 pack of blades.... 

I use the KDS standard hone blades and like them much better than the Olfa's.   I also use a piece of white packing strap material under the blade when cutting most times to keep the blade off of the glass....keeps the edge better for much longer and NO chance of scratching the glass....

How do you cut out the back window piece like that? Or any window for that matter I guess...

It's funny that you mentioned the blue label. I don't go thru a ton of these... and  I ordered a couple packs cause I thought  I didn't have any left when I did... looked thru my bag and one of my packs is this....

post-177-0-93791600-1381371452_thumb.jpg

Archived