2014 Corvette Stingray pt deux :)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its pre-cut except for the hood. Xpel patterns with Ultimate film.  The pattern pretty straight forward. I delete the sidemarkers, like in BMWs, and add some to the edge so its more to wrap. Then cut out the sidemarker.  Makes for cleaner around the light.  

As far as the rockers, I agree.  Wonder why Xpel didnt have the pattern for it even though the factory piece is well placed.  I suggested it to the customer but he was 450 miles away so he just said put whatever patterns they had available on it, therefor no rocker coverage.

Happy this car is out, the C6 was getting old in the shop. I probably did 30 last year, and the new one is easier (even the first one) so Im looking forward to shorter install time.  

We simply haven't been able to get our hands on one of the new Vette's long enough to get all of the patterns we want, so we just published what we had.  By the time we're done with it, you'll have more options than you can shake a stick at!  Nice work alltracpete!

Thanks Jeff. Yeah I figured yall had the pattern up pretty quick, thanks for that.  ANd the rest of it def needs it. Like the the rear spoiler. Who wouldnt set anything you are loading in to the hatch on it. I still would theres not really an option lol. Look forward t full wraps, already have 2 waiting for delivery.

I worked on another one today. The car is really pretty easy to bulk... I think the only difficult are on the vehicle is the lower chin spoiler. I tried to wrap it in a single piece without any relief cuts... don't think that going to happen. But overall its a straight forward car to work on. I also took off the factory pieces and bulked the rockers into the door way. Looks cleaner and covers the entire rocker panel. One other area to sell customers are the stainless steel kick plates. They are $300 a pair and need to be protected as they will get scratched.

One last thing, the lower doors are a must on this car. The  lower section of the doors angle down and face the front tires. The first one we worked on we didn't do per customers request. Lets just say tomorrow I am heading back over to do those because they are already getting chips.

I worked on another one today. The car is really pretty easy to bulk... I think the only difficult are on the vehicle is the lower chin spoiler. I tried to wrap it in a single piece without any relief cuts... don't think that going to happen. But overall its a straight forward car to work on. I also took off the factory pieces and bulked the rockers into the door way. Looks cleaner and covers the entire rocker panel. One other area to sell customers are the stainless steel kick plates. They are $300 a pair and need to be protected as they will get scratched.

One last thing, the lower doors are a must on this car. The  lower section of the doors angle down and face the front tires. The first one we worked on we didn't do per customers request. Lets just say tomorrow I am heading back over to do those because they are already getting chips.

Ya, I'm 1/2 way through a full front end on a Stingray, plus rockers and door handle inserts.. Will post pictures b4 too long.

Yes Tom, I'm turtling my way through with a 2 day install, lol.

For all of those that may be using a pattern for a bumper install in the future, I recommend wrapping the edges like alltracpete did.  Otherwise, the piece of film between the turn signal and the wheel well can be a little cumbersome.

Guest klmonline

I have an Arctic White new Stingray. I like the idea of the film, but I have read that the seams and transitions are more visible when applied to white cars. I would hate to break up the lines of the car with visible seams and an obvious coating. Any thoughts or observations from your experience?

I have an Arctic White new Stingray. I like the idea of the film, but I have read that the seams and transitions are more visible when applied to white cars. I would hate to break up the lines of the car with visible seams and an obvious coating. Any thoughts or observations from your experience?

White is not as bad as some colors with ppf visibility. I'd think you'd be way less bothered with minimal ppf appearance than chips on that car?

Archived