Hard card scratching tint

Guest TBSTINT

Here is my custom blue max hard card shape tool,,my son made it at his work/machine shop

Im jealous! Tell him to make 4 more I'll buy them from you!

Next ones will be thinner,,hopefully he is allowed to make a dozen or so,and CNC made faster,they are super busy at his work and not his shop and I don't own a milling machine yet but I have a lathe and drill press,lol

I will let ya know

Here is my custom blue max hard card shape tool,,my son made it at his work/machine shop

Im jealous! Tell him to make 4 more I'll buy them from you!
Next ones will be thinner,,hopefully he is allowed to make a dozen or so,and CNC made faster,they are super busy at his work and not his shop and I don't own a milling machine yet but I have a lathe and drill press,lol

I will let ya know

Yay! Thank you!

My first guess is the film scratch coat is not great. 

My thoughts too.   It sounds as if you are doing what you can on your end for the most part.  What film are you using?

old school tricks of the trade

smooth or rough?  take clear wrap off a pack of smokes or similar.  put couple fingers in and slide across surface. used to do that to check paint on cars, amplifies rough spots

cheap scratchkote on many films,  just have to be more careful.  couple tips.

soft cards pick up more dirt then harder ones

220 grit followed by 600-1000 and rinse  even on new ones to remove debris

cover cards with kawos, perfect or miracle cloth.    rinse, reuse 

separate cards by color.   i use yellow tri-edge for flushing, orange to seal edge and ez-gray, gator and chisler for touch ups

mist everthing around window and peel area.   one spec falling will leave deep scratches. frames, gaskets roof, under side view mirror if peeling off car

filter shop air and no opening or closing doors when hanging.   have had dirt fall from ceiling into BG and shields when peeling off car.

lift feet when walking,  do not walk with glue exposed in same direction

if you wash car,  wash before and rinse after.   keeps dirt out of shop