Most favored shade percentage

Need to stock up on more flatglass film. But I am unsure which type and shade I should stock more of. So far, the businesses I've tinted wanted super dark but not blackout and non reflective.. So I've sold a bunch of 20%.

What do most residential customers perfer on their homes? And what do most office/stores normally ask from you guys??

Not trying to order hundreds of dollars worth of a certain film I will never be able to sell.

I do more of the bronze 35% range films than I do the DR ones...but I like them better personally...

If I were to stock rolls on flat glass I would have solar bronze 35 and 20 and a DR 35 and 20 or 10 in the case of JWF SV film.  Those are going to cover almost everything I have done in the last 10 years.

Very seldom do I sell a neutral and I don't really push the ceramics at this point.

I try to keep a little bit of: DR 35 - 25 - 15; Silver 20 (Interior and Exterior); A neutral or clear in the 50%-70% range; White frost; Blackout; Safety film.

It varies how much I actually keep in stock but typically I can jump on small jobs quickly without having to order, which is nice because I have a certain glass company that always calls with an emergency job that they needed done yesterday. 

Totally depends on the area and type of business as to what you should stock though. :twocents

We have probably got 400/450 rolls on the shelf of almost everything. Some are full rolls of what we use the most and others are remnants or partial rolls from past jobs. Its nice to have a stockpile to pick from when you get a call for 1 or 2 pcs of glass.  

Yep this is for whenever I get a call to do a quick few windows on one side of the house wheres sunlight beams during the mornings.. I just rather not risk ordering upon request and then customer changes their mind. 

I think I will start with a stock of DR 20, 35, 40 and maybe 15 and then the same with a less reflective film.  Everything else I will order upon request.

I notice alot of my customers do not like the mirror. I will be keeping more non reflective or glare cut films. I think I will talk to JWF soon and see what they can do for me.  Actually I have been scouting a new distributor in the east coast so when I do order something it would only day a day or two to arrive. Want something reputable but not extremely expensive. 

Archived