Slip Tape for Squeegee

Richard are Solar Control St Louis gave me one of their hard cards with the tape on the edge. I tried it but just barely.  I don't like the hard cards he gave me.  They are a harder plastic than the old "white teflon" cards.....

The tape really slid on the film and would be something good, I think, but I don't think it is worth the price they are charging...or at least what Richard said it cost him...I can't seem to find it on 44tools

We used teflon tape on this monstrosity to help lessen wear on the tool. Worked fine but every user found the tool awkward and the stainless bent too much for comfort on security film installs.

:dunno

No we didn't macguyver it we bought it that way.

20140226_161644_zpsfaf680f7.jpg

20140226_161654_zpsb245a3f7.jpg

20140226_161703_zpse503d1ef.jpg

Edited by WearTheFoxHat

The tape really slid on the film and would be something good, I think, but I don't think it is worth the price they are charging...or at least what Richard said it cost him...I can't seem to find it

In case anyone is wondering, here is the link to this tape on the Interwest Tools website: http://www.interwesttools.com/p-200-squeegee-slip-tape.aspx.

Edited by PJF

$37.50 for 12 yards....so to put it on a 4" "white teflon" hard card that costs $1.00 it will be $0.38 for the long edge....or over a buck if you do the whole card! 

Like I said, I don't think it is worth the price.

You can put regular masking tape on your hard card for a pretty good and replaceable edge....might not slide like this tape but should be cheaper.  Or just keep it smooth and clean until it is worn out and you buy another buck squeegee!

Unless you use a film with a more robust SR coating do not use this tape without slip solution; you do risk scratching. It will also scratch PPF, lowE films and exterior film with anti-smudge coatings. What many sellers offer is a thin tape that wears out too quick when used; there are 3-5 mil versions available if you hunt the net well for them (try carpenter or cabinet building supply; the product is designed to assist in drawer glide). What I found nice about using Teflon-coated tape is you do not need spray the film surface to squeegee when installing LLumar's Air 80 to windscreens.

$37.50 for 12 yards....so to put it on a 4" "white teflon" hard card that costs $1.00 it will be $0.38 for the long edge....or over a buck if you do the whole card! 

Like I said, I don't think it is worth the price.

Definitely not cheap, but those that are using it seem to love it.

From what I can tell, it is very similar to the tape glazers use when they but joint glass together. It's a very sticky adhesive on a rigid plasticky tape. The tape removes clean and leaves no residue when pulled off glass. I sometimes use it to tape pieces when we pre roll for RR.

Guest Andrew Dawson

Got a roll from interwest yesterday, love it! No need to lube the window with solution before hitting it with the blue max when using this stuff. The squeegees just glide :) no chance of scratches either.