Good upper body work out!

We removed and relaced 30 year old tint from a house yesterday! Without a doubt the oldest, crispy, powdery and nasty FG tint I have ever encountered!

Just curious what's the oldest FG film you have come across?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've removed stuff that the owner claims was installed in the 70's but usually the owners have lost any identifying paperwork to really tell how long it has been up.

I usually dry scrape old FG film off, but when it comes off powdery like that, I will wet it down or at least make my installers wear safety specs and dust masks.

It cant be good for you breathing that crap in.

I've removed stuff that the owner claims was installed in the 70's but usually the owners have lost any identifying paperwork to really tell how long it has been up.

I usually dry scrape old FG film off, but when it comes off powdery like that, I will wet it down or at least make my installers wear safety specs and dust masks.

It cant be good for you breathing that crap in.

Dust masks? Come on mate..... And you think I'm soft..... Yesterday I bashed up some asbestos in my brothers new house while having a smoke..... Bloody queenslanders

By the way, good topic, let me dig

Hey 35, found a new use for the 6 " blade today. Decided I'd had enough kids so gave myself a vasectomy with it, a normal scalpel wouldn't have done the job. Went for a 10 km run and took a karate class straight after.

Soft? See ya at origin time, or better yet, at the UltraGard launch. Bring your handbag. :lol

Hey there JJ!

I have no idea how old the oldest film is that I have ever removed, but I did remove some film from an old colonial building at Westmead hospital around 3 years ago that looked pretty bloody old. The glass was as I am told about 60 years old and the film must have been 30-40 years old. I was also told that the building was not repainted for 30 years and the paint on the inside was not bad, and did not cover thefilm in any way. So I guess it was older than 30 years.. Yeh window film!

I must say that what a window film absorbs is a credit for what damage could be done if there were no film at all. What a product we have.

I don't know about any UltraGard launch as such, but I do know that us lads are going to have a ball in 2 weeks.

Lots of paper work and tinting classes.. Hhhmmm.

Hey there JJ!

I have no idea how old the oldest film is that I have ever removed, but I did remove some film from an old colonial building at Westmead hospital around 3 years ago that looked pretty bloody old. The glass was as I am told about 60 years old and the film must have been 30-40 years old. I was also told that the building was not repainted for 30 years and the paint on the inside was not bad, and did not cover thefilm in any way. So I guess it was older than 30 years.. Yeh window film!

I must say that what a window film absorbs is a credit for what damage could be done if there were no film at all. What a product we have.

I don't know about any UltraGard launch as such, but I do know that us lads are going to have a ball in 2 weeks.

Lots of paper work and tinting classes.. Hhhmmm.

Lol. For tax purposes, it is a company launch/ seminar

Archived