1997 Chevy caprice help

Guest dtint

Can't offer much advice on this bg, but are you charging properly in your area (not going cheaper than everyone).  I keep seeing threads pop up on these old, dirty cars from those with not much experience.  Many of these are much harder than todays vehicle and instead of the experienced doing them, these custys look for the cheapest price, which end up with someone with not much experience who is pricing too low. 

I'll tell you something...I started out as most do, thinking that pricing lower than everyone else will be my niche to making a profit.  All it did was send a flood of dirty, old cars that didn't teach me much and customers that i'd rather not deal with.  Now, that I'm prices appropriately, i might see a few of these per year.  

That bg has some dipping corners like the T-bird.  What I did was i tacked just those corners and pushed what need to be shrunk towards the middle more.  Also, if it has some curve to it, try anchoring just the middle, not the sides.

wet shrink it...not much to do.  It will lay almost completely flat with just the right tension on the outside.  The bottom "dove tail" is a bit tricky for a beginner but it will lay down with just a hard card....few small fingers at the top.

Pull the rear deck out if you want a clean install though....extra 30 minutes of work to pull the seat and deck out!

Archived