Discount for YELP Reviews, WOW

I guess one of the new shops is really determined to have lots of yelp reviews. Word is that, they give the custy $5 off if they leave a review, using their laptop at the shop.

Guest LockedDown

do people really look on yelp for window tinting ? i figure they would just do google local listing . I know yelp is good for hotels and restaurants . 

Do a google search and yelp business pages are usually some of the first listed.

Yelp is a tint shops worst nightmare!   For one they don't organically post reviews, but rather use an algorithim * sp  to decide what reviews will be posted.  aka the guy who does a lot of reviews is more likely to get his review posted .    they also will tell you that most places have a 85% positive review on their page.   So you bend over backwars to have excellent customer service and end up with the same positive rate as the douchebag down the road.    Lastly it seems to attract the worst types of customers.   the ones who will go over the glass with Jewelers goggles and then complain about 2 specks in the back window, and of course leave you a bad review when you say that's to be expected.  

Guest LockedDown

Yelp is a tint shops worst nightmare!   For one they don't organically post reviews, but rather use an algorithim * sp  to decide what reviews will be posted.  aka the guy who does a lot of reviews is more likely to get his review posted .    they also will tell you that most places have a 85% positive review on their page.   So you bend over backwars to have excellent customer service and end up with the same positive rate as the douchebag down the road.    Lastly it seems to attract the worst types of customers.   the ones who will go over the glass with Jewelers goggles and then complain about 2 specks in the back window, and of course leave you a bad review when you say that's to be expected.  

Live by the sword, die by the sword!

Yelp is a tint shops worst nightmare! For one they don't organically post reviews, but rather use an algorithim * sp to decide what reviews will be posted. aka the guy who does a lot of reviews is more likely to get his review posted . they also will tell you that most places have a 85% positive review on their page. So you bend over backwars to have excellent customer service and end up with the same positive rate as the douchebag down the road. Lastly it seems to attract the worst types of customers. the ones who will go over the glass with Jewelers goggles and then complain about 2 specks in the back window, and of course leave you a bad review when you say that's to be expected.

Live by the sword, die by the sword!
True! My boss is running around like a chicken with his head cut off because of yelp. He let a tinter go recently on bad terms, only for him to hire him back for the third time. Only this time the guy accepted but never showed up, only to find out he got the keys to his own shop the same day he was supposed to start back and never showed. Since then yelp has been this guys best friend being he only charges 21 over the bottom. Sad part is he is giving his customers 10% off if they leave a review while their vehicle is being done. Mind you this is a one man operation (the other guy) while we have 3 tinters wed thru sunday, and he's worried about this guy. Way I see it, your work will speak for itself, forget about what the next shop is doing or charging. Put out great work and your phone will ring.