Sun Bathing

I would have to disagree, I installed a kit on a black car and on one of our rare sunny days parked the car outside to 'bake off'. after an hour or so I went to check on it and a small fluid bubble that would normally fade away had actually boiled and left a stain under the film. So I would say you are better to leave it to cure naturally.

Steve.

If you don't remove all of the solution out, that will happen regardless.

Disagree, your better off leaving missed fluid bubbles to dry naturally then try dragging them across drier areas.

Disagree, your better off leaving missed fluid bubbles to dry naturally then try dragging them across drier areas.

He never said anything about trying to squeegee out the leftover moisture.

When I did PPF I didn't pull them outside until no fingers popped up.  I was never very good at PPF however, but I did like to "bake" them after installing and never had an issue using Venture (pre 3M adhesive) and Nano Fusion.  

He never said anything about trying to squeegee out the leftover moisture.

When I did PPF I didn't pull them outside until no fingers popped up.  I was never very good at PPF however, but I did like to "bake" them after installing and never had an issue using Venture (pre 3M adhesive) and Nano Fusion.  

No correct he never mentioned that. This was purely follow on advise on the same subject of fluid under the film. 

Its not correct to state that 'if you don't remove all of the solution out that will happen regardless'

I specifically tell my customers to keep their car in the shade/garage for 24 hours.  Driving home is fine, as the air blowing over the car keeps it cool, but don't go to the mall and park in the sun, as any small water pockets will turn to steam and leave an air pocket.  After the first day, they are good to go with whatever.

I don't think it matters.  Lots of times I have no shade to park the cars at the dealership so out it goes into the sun.  Water pockets do turn to steam but will bake flat if nobody bothers them. Given a choice however, I would always choose shade.  

The stain Minty noticed is probably due to the water based paint.  Had a customer come in with a huge bubble months after install which I'm sure was caused by a car wash.  Removing the film there was a stain where the water had been and I'm like WTF???  Nothing would get the stain out but I remembered a trick and used a heat gun and gentle heat took it right away. Next time it happened I just let the car sit  an hour or so and it went away on its own.

20131116_113644_zpscdde2bb4.jpg

Archived