Buy on price, you'll buy it twice.

All this month my competitor has had a huge banner out front $200 dollar windowtint for utes,cars or wagons.(theses prices have never been herd of in my area)he is also using the same film I do so haven't looked at getting a job yet.anyway in btween cars on Saturday I drive past his workshop it's all closed up and vacant!

Maybe I should put a banner up saying $400 High quality window tints and see how I go.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All this month my competitor has had a huge banner out front $200 dollar windowtint for utes,cars or wagons.(theses prices have never been herd of in my area)he is also using the same film I do so haven't looked at getting a job yet.anyway in btween cars on Saturday I drive past his workshop it's all closed up and vacant!

Maybe I should put a banner up saying $400 High quality window tints and see how I go.

Put up a sign that says "We Fix $200 Tint Jobs."

[emoji106]

All this month my competitor has had a huge banner out front $200 dollar windowtint for utes,cars or wagons.(theses prices have never been herd of in my area)he is also using the same film

That makes it really tough Tikka and what concerns me just a tad when the new juggernaut starts flogging new Solartint franchises with Madico film in place.

devil

All this month my competitor has had a huge banner out front $200 dollar windowtint for utes,cars or wagons.(theses prices have never been herd of in my area)he is also using the same film

That makes it really tough Tikka and what concerns me just a tad when the new juggernaut starts flogging new Solartint franchises with Madico film in place.

devil

I don't know if I'd use a word like juggernaut Devil. People have wised up these days to the pitfalls of large franchise models and often prefer to seek out a genuine local business. I have three National players within 5mins of my workshop and they may as well not even be there.

RECOGNITION will never be as powerful as REPUTATION.

devil

Already happening Devil, check the front page advert on the current WFAANZ newsletter - "Join us now, this month there are no upfront fees if you take up a Solartint or TAC franchise".

The beginning of the end for a once proud group under G.Lane?? :dunno

Don't worry though...It is all business as usual, just in a different way :hump

I think giving a two year warranty announces to your customers, "we know this film is going to fail".

It's sometimes a loss leader tactic to upsell to a better film.

I don't play those games.

I understand the tactic, but still think it's stupid. They should call it a MIS-leader. It leaves a customer feeling played, before they even become your customer.

Loss Leaders can work IF you can create a consumer addiction for your product or service. You lose a little on the first sale so they will keep coming back and paying full price after that. If a tinter does his job right, you'll never see that car again. And when the customer finally buys a new car, they are going to remember how little you charged them last time and feel like they are being stung. It's lose/lose if you ask me.

Loss Leaders aren't really designed to work on the one product line such as window film, but work well in other retail avenues where you put out a popular selling line at a crazy price with the hopes that the customer will also buy other products at full retail whilst in your shop. Works well for Myers, SuperCheap, BCF etc etc but as you said, doesn't translate very well to tint, all it does is lower peoples expectations of how much a tint job will cost from then on. Crazy stuff.

You get a fair bit of this sort of marketing down your way, "the low advertised price is only for the 50%vlt option, if you want darker you have to pay more"; or "it is only on the 2 year film, for the better films you will have to pay more"

As you said, what a great way to burn customers and your reputation.

OR - maybe this guy has summed up his potential and realises that is all he can charge for his standard of work. Either way, he is an Oxygen Thief and beneath the level of your concern.

Somebody has to do the utes with the dog turds in the back I suppose :lol

devil

Already happening Devil, check the front page advert on the current WFAANZ newsletter - "Join us now, this month there are no upfront fees if you take up a Solartint or TAC franchise".

You know Rocky I've had many years selling a great product that none too much ever cared about and as a result it was never price shopped and I got what I demanded.

Now potentially with every Tom, Dick and Harry mug having a go at it, who knows how it will be bastardised in the future?

I understand Gary's position and I would have done the same had Worldmark thrown dollars at me too.

But I'll be be a soothsayer and report that this will be whored more than likely with dheads who know Jackshite about film when they buy a new S franchise. :trustme

Devil :console

devil

You know Rocky I've had many years selling a great product that none too much ever cared about and as a result it was never price shopped and I got what I demanded.

Now potentially with every Tom, Dick and Harry mug having a go at it, who knows how it will be bastardised in the future?

I understand Gary's position and I would have done the same had Worldmark thrown dollars at me too.

But I'll be be a soothsayer and report that this will be whored more than likely with dheads who know Jackshite about film when they buy a new S franchise. :trustme

Devil :console

Hey Dev,

The people that are taking over the madico/solartint model will just hire a few booths at a franchise expo and see how many suckers will fall for buying into a tinting franchise. Anyone that has put up the papers long enough knows it just aint that simple for someone who doesn't know if the film goes on the inside or the outside to run a tint shop.

People have always been able to get Madico film, it is good film, but I don't believe that is the reason people will pay you high end money for a tint. They will pay you high end money because you have one of the longest established window tinting businesses in the world.

You would be amazed if you knew just how many businesses that WorldMark own here in Aus. But as far as income goes, MotorOne is King. They have little opposition, and they own the rest.

Solartint, Solar Master, Tint Professor, High Performance WF, CDFilms WA, TintAcar, TintAwindow, ProTech, Ming, Sewalls Group, Six Star Solutions, Ashley Group, MEP Films, Code Red Marketing, AutoTech group, Auto Extreme, Smart Accident repair Technology, and many more...

Their goal is that of domination. It doesn't matter if you buy your film from them, WorldMark will step on you like you don't exist.

We are fighting for the scraps that are left behind by M1. That is why people are desperate enough to offer tint jobs for next to nothing.

It is about time we stopped getting stepped on. Things are about to change.

Archived