duh! moments

So today I was installing a side window and just finished heating my top edge. I proceeded to tucking the bottom in and it was unusually hard, I spent a good five minutes wondering why I couldn't get it in all the way. Well I hadn't rolled the window up yet (palm to face) ROFL. Felt like a complete tard.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reminded me of when I had just started installing front strips. And I had it all cut out and ready to go, proceeded putting it on the inside of the glass, got it all squeegeed out stepped out and said, "wtf" "will you come take a look at this, something isn't right, I think the glue may be bad". My boss shakes his head and said "I can't believe you just did this but, did you have sh rooms last night?, because the plastic is still on it" duh! Felt like a fool, sometimes we just get caught up in the moment and make the dumbest mistakes.

So today I was installing a side window and just finished heating my top edge. I proceeded to tucking the bottom in and it was unusually hard, I spent a good five minutes wondering why I couldn't get it in all the way. Well I hadn't rolled the window up yet (palm to face) ROFL. Felt like a complete tard.

:lol2 I may or may not have done that before.... :gasp

Geez, you guys are DUMB, nothing like that has ever happened to me before   :embar

Well....in my first week on the job, I may have trimmed a 1/4 glass before installing it on the inside of a front roll up that the other tinter had just installed. :lol

I have cut a piece or 2 of auto film backwards.

One summer after I got home from work, I took a nap.... :zzz ... and got up at 7:00 and thought it was the next morning and I got ready and drove to work and started a pot of coffee, after 8:00 rolled around and no one else was showing up at the shop I realized it was still the same day ......... :embar

Did one yesterday. Got a new film to try out on windshields. Of course attempting my own first. Went to peel it and the liner was in. So now I have scratches on the film from where I pushed some of the bubbles with my hard card on the outside.

I have cut a piece or 2 of auto film backwards.

One summer after I got home from work, I took a nap.... :zzz ... and got up at 7:00 and thought it was the next morning and I got ready and drove to work and started a pot of coffee, after 8:00 rolled around and no one else was showing up at the shop I realized it was still the same day ......... :embar

Now that's a good one.

I think we may have a little fun with this thread

Archived