duh! moments

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One time when I was just a Wee Lad, I was doing a rear window on an old Camry in 2 pieces. Splice and all....  :lol  Got all done, and realized I had done the bottom half of the window in 35% and the top half in 20%..... :embar

That hot mess rolled right out the shop to.... :spit

One time when I was just a Wee Lad, I was doing a rear window on an old Camry in 2 pieces. Splice and all.... :lol Got all done, and realized I had done the bottom half of the window in 35% and the top half in 20%..... :embar

The reverse fade. Hell yeah!

One time when I was just a Wee Lad, I was doing a rear window on an old Camry in 2 pieces. Splice and all....  :lol  Got all done, and realized I had done the bottom half of the window in 35% and the top half in 20%..... :embar

Bifocal tint is where it's at!

Customer called and said we had did a horrible job and the film was falling off the windows. I'm thinking, jeeze I hate dumb customers.... Prolly rolled the window down! Told um OK just bring the car by and I will take a look.

Sure enough customer pulls their new Mustang up and all three windows in the back the film was laying in the floor and rear seat..... Always pull the liner before calling the window done :twocents

Cheers

I have cut a piece or 2 of auto film backwards.

One summer after I got home from work, I took a nap.... :zzz ... and got up at 7:00 and thought it was the next morning and I got ready and drove to work and started a pot of coffee, after 8:00 rolled around and no one else was showing up at the shop I realized it was still the same day ......... :embar

.... I have done the same :(

I was practicing the reverse roll on the back glass on a Honda Fit, small car, easy car, good car choice to practice this skill.  Got it shrunk and rolled.  This guy stops by and asks me for a quote, off he went with the quote, I begin installing it and after I got the film on the back glass, I thought to myself, damn- this reverse roll went fine... until I started hitting it with the blue max. 

It got harder and harder as I get the solution out... only to find out, the glue side was facing me.  Face palm.. FML - that was a redo.... I guess the quote threw off my concentration and I somehow end up with the film backwards...  LOL

Archived