Peanuts

I've searched the forum but can't find my answer. I keep getting at least one sometimes two peanuts on the back glass of almost all 300's and maximas. I've tried different films too with the same issue. What do I do?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear 0000 steel wool will help with this. I don't do all back glasses with it just the ones that may have leftover glue. I think that could maybe help you out though. Also if they still pop up you can cut them near the defroster and push it out. Hope this helps.

I hit them twice with Blue Scrub pads, first pass is water and Dawn solution, 2nd pass Slime solution, no issues so far.  I always have a hard time finding 0000 steel wool pads locally.

I hit them twice with Blue Scrub pads, first pass is water and Dawn solution, 2nd pass Slime solution, no issues so far.  I always have a hard time finding 0000 steel wool pads locally.

home depot or lowes

home depot or lowes

Been there almost every week, they are always out.   

ace hardware stores for steel wool....

as for the solution to peanuts, it could be the way you are shrinking the film.  I have not had more than a few "peanuts" in the last 10 years.  It could be because I use steel wool to clean all back windows or it is more likely the way I shrink the film.  There is very little distortion in the film with my technique and the smoother the film is the less chance you have of fingers or peanuts....

If you pull the film off of the glass and it looks all wavy and distorted when not tacked down then adjust the way you are shrinking.... try "the ryker method" out...if you figure it out you will never look back!

Archived