Peanuts

I hit them twice with Blue Scrub pads, first pass is water and Dawn solution, 2nd pass Slime solution, no issues so far.  I always have a hard time finding 0000 steel wool pads locally.

I get mine at my local NAPA store or at Drug Mart u might try any place that sells automotive painting supplies

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hit them twice with Blue Scrub pads, first pass is water and Dawn solution, 2nd pass Slime solution, no issues so far. I always have a hard time finding 0000 steel wool pads locally.

Sherwin Williams and Lowes in the paint dept here

I hit them twice with Blue Scrub pads, first pass is water and Dawn solution, 2nd pass Slime solution, no issues so far. I always have a hard time finding 0000 steel wool pads locally.

I went to tractor supply and they told me sherwin Williams. Went there and they have it

The Key to your Peanut problem is the shrinking Technic your probably using, i have run into the same problem,1 you need to use a reputable name brand dryer sheet make sure the outside of the rear window is completely clean, apply a even heavy coating with a wet dryer sheet on the glass i actually use Bounce, or Gain "my recommendations" and I cut them in half doubling the box and completely coat the rear window and toss do not re-use the key is the rear window should be completly coated and look white if it just looks like you wiped the window and its glass with white streaks you will continue to have them, the film should almost stick to the rear window if it slides when making your H-Pattern or lifts up on the edges or floats when shrinking you will continue to have problems. just my 2 cents hopefully it helps.

The Key to your Peanut problem is the shrinking Technic your probably using, i have run into the same problem,1 you need to use a reputable name brand dryer sheet make sure the outside of the rear window is completely clean, apply a even heavy coating with a wet dryer sheet on the glass i actually use Bounce, or Gain "my recommendations" and I cut them in half doubling the box and completely coat the rear window and toss do not re-use the key is the rear window should be completly coated and look white if it just looks like you wiped the window and its glass with white streaks you will continue to have them, the film should almost stick to the rear window if it slides when making your H-Pattern or lifts up on the edges or floats when shrinking you will continue to have problems. just my 2 cents hopefully it helps.

But y does it only happen to those two vehicles tho. Shrinking technique is the same for me on almost all cars an I don't have that problem on any other vehicles

It's your prep on the window before installation.

Not always. I have had some back windows lay just right the first time and have had some that kick my butt! I have noticed that the cars I try rushing the heat shrinking on the back glass are usually the ones that get me.

Archived