Do certain films show dust spots/contamination more than others??

reverse rolling is the way forward,its much cleaner and enables you to do a bigger window solo,once you have the hang of doing it right you'll never look back  :trustme

Bang on man. Not able to get a clean reverse roll on a back window = no skill = find a new career

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reverse rolling is the way forward,its much cleaner and enables you to do a bigger window solo,once you have the hang of doing it right you'll never look back  :trustme

Bang on man. Not able to get a clean reverse roll on a back window = no skill = find a new career

That's quite an ignorant statement. There are many pros out there, including many on this site, that do clean work without doing the reverse roll. To say you have no skill and need to find a new career because you can't do a clean reverse roll on a back glass is comical.

If you do mobile tinting, it is fair game for the dirt,dust,bugs,bees,bats and if you were installing in Australia, even the Dingos. Once you pull the release liner off the film, whether you do a Texas fold or reverse roll, something is going to get caught in the film. It is up to your own technique to try keeping as much of that  :poop out of it. As far as the original post, I have found that shiny/reflective or metalized/hybrid films will usually show more contamination than non-reflective films.

Dingo contam!  Dang.    :lol2

Now you have me hoping for a Dingo story from one of the Aussie TD members.       :popcorn

I'm sure there is one out there! lol

Guest matriXtints

reverse rolling is the way forward,its much cleaner and enables you to do a bigger window solo,once you have the hang of doing it right you'll never look back :trustme

That's quite an ignorant statement. There are many pros out there, including many on this site, that do clean work without doing the reverse roll. To say you have no skill and need to find a new career because you can't do a clean reverse roll on a back glass is comical.

Yeah I think that was a bit harsh it just takes practise in time you'll be doing it with your eyes shut

A dingo stole my Olfa!

It really does choke my dog when a bloody dingo drops that contem each time a lay up dem paypas.

Forget the wind.. It's those Dingo's that be parsin by each time I be reverse rollin'. :lol

If the film is black, it will show silver/white/clear specs more then a silver/white film. Same as a clear film not showing clear specs.

3M's fasara seems to show a spec like it is a bolder. If only 3M could produce user friendly films... Well.. I guess if they did, they would be selling it on ebay?

I realised that they can't sell it on Ebay for the simple fact that it is the quality of those that install it that determine it's reputation in the market place.. If it were a DIY product, it would not get the same margin as a wholesale product...

Sorry guys.. Just thinking out loud.. Don't mean to diss the 3M guys, just had some very bad feedback from a vetarin that I respect today.

Cheers

Let me ask you something Drew, are you working mobile or at a shop? When working outdoors you will never have a 100% contamination free environment. Also do you inspect the film prior to installation? If it's the films fault there should be defects on the film.

I'm a mobile tinter.. I understand it will never be 100% free but I feel like it should be closer than what I have gotten previously. I'm going to redo my back window tonight on my mustang (which is a 93 foxbody with no defrost lines) and Frankenstein the tint rather than reverse roll and see if that's where my problem is coming from as well as inspecting the film before I shrink
In honesty, trying to blame the film, or anything else other than yourself for your install will never let you get any further than the position your in.

reverse rolling is the way forward,its much cleaner and enables you to do a bigger window solo,once you have the hang of doing it right you'll never look back :trustme

Find a new career?

Wow..... Wish I could be as good as you to say things like that.....

Texas fold? Is that like the California roll?

Fun fact about dingoes, there is now no longer not 1 single pure bred dingo in Australia.

You can also legally own a dingo as a pet....

Update for my dilemma guys.. I went over to a buddy's shop last night who is also is a tinter and he thought my back glass looked just fine so I guess it was just me thinking it wasn't good enough.. get a new career? I'd love to know how you accomplished anything in your life.. wasn't trying to blame the film, just looking at all aspects of the job.

Hang on. If you think you can do better, than do it. Again, if you don't think it is acceptable, which were your words, then correct it.

I would honestly be worried about your mate whose a tinter who says it's fine when you yourself who has been tinting for some months doesn't think it's okay and your mate whose a "tinter" says it's fine.....

No offence to either of you, but again, if you think you can do better, just do it and stop looking for excuses to make it acceptable. Who are you trying to prove it to?

Archived