Twenty percent at night.

Guest eric 31

Whenever finances allow, I am considering getting our 07 Taurus tinted all around (never made sense to me getting sides and rear tinted and fronts left alone). My eyes are sensitive to light, and two previous cars I had 35% but this one I wanted to get 20% done. I have a eye doctor's release. Sunglasses help some, but not enough.

Will I and my wife be able to see out safely at night? I hate to have to roll down the window(s) to back up.

Thanks for your input.

From my experience 20% has great visibility during the day if it is a good film. It really depends on the enviroment. I live in a desertish town where some roads are pitch black for miles. And some are very well lit with street lamps. Where well lit I find the 20% on all windows is acceptable. In darker areas it is a little harder to see out but not imposible. It really depends on your town and where you drive.

Where you planning to get 20% on all you windows?

NE Ohio. For the most part the streets we drive at night are lit up and the rural roads going home are not obviously. I was considering 35 all around, but if the 20 will help more during the day and not really be a factor at night, I'll go with the 20 all around. The glare on the snow is really bad on my eyes every winter, even when it's overcast but not snowing.

Whenever finances allow, I am considering getting our 07 Taurus tinted all around (never made sense to me getting sides and rear tinted and fronts left alone). My eyes are sensitive to light, and two previous cars I had 35% but this one I wanted to get 20% done. I have a eye doctor's release. Sunglasses help some, but not enough.

Will I and my wife be able to see out safely at night? I hate to have to roll down the window(s) to back up.

Thanks for your input.

What is your medical eye condition ............ ? 

IMO 20% is not bad to look out of at night....like vteckid said if you have very dark and black surroundings then it will be dark.  I have a late 50 or early 60's couple that we put 40% on the whole windshield and they LOVE it.  He works with emergency services and was out for a storm shortly after the tinting and he said he could see out of the 40% windshield just fine but the front sides at 15% were a bit dark and he rolled them down to see well out of them.... oh, YES they do have a medical exemption too.  Dark sunglasses are not enough for the degenerative condition that she has.

Im pretty sure that gen of taurus' has 70% glass stock glass.  If you put 20% over that you'll be around 15%.  I put 15% all the time on fusion and the taurus and it comes out about 10% and basically look close to limo.  You might consider a 25% film or just do 35% all around. 

Archived