So i stripped my windows

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. The "holder" is what I'm talking about. Click the link I left. I use what's called a "gasket scraper". It's basically a long handle that holds a single edge. I like the long ones because you can get more pressure onto the razor and a longer stroke. They're way easier to use than the short holders.

Geeez boys, you're gonna take forever stripping film with one of those. Get yourself a 4" wide long handle paint scraper and plenty of replacement blades. Don't fluff around with it. Rip into it to get the film off and then use your 6" Triumph to remove any glue that still remains. (if any)

Holy crap Wolfie. I just read Ultras post so I went back and clicked on your link.

No, no, no mate, please tell me you aren't using a 1 inch scraper for FG removal?

A 1 inch just won't cut it, a 4 inch isn't nearly enough, you've gotta have at least 6 inches or you aren't a player in this day and age.

Get stuck in with a comfort grip 6 inch triumph and go like hell. Size really does matter, don't believe otherwise.

Dry scrape all the old shite and most of the adhesive will come away with it. Just keep going through the blades, once the edge goes off, toss it.

Ive tried using a triumph...couldnt get enough a$$ behind it. I dont care for the 4" because of how wide and heavy they are. In FL a lot of the windows are thin single pane...barely held in the frame by 30yr old caulk...using a 1" allows me to be very careful around the edges of the windows. Twice Ive had the scraper skip off the tint and dig into the frame...and then I had to replace the glass. Im ok with using a 1" and taking some extra time and not damaging the glass. But thats just me...and lately the flat glass jobs are a rarity.

Once the film is removed I use my Triumph to get all the glue off. I do like the black box Triumph blades over the white box. I guess theyre rust resistant. Its nice to be able to leave a blade in the holder and not go to use it again and have it covered in rust!

Archived