I think it's time to quit.

Guest 94turboteggy621

there's a reason you pay a pro to do it. If you really wanna tint stop expecting to be tinting in a few months regardless what some here say.

It'll take years and if you can't do that may as well bail now because in all honesty, learning, this should be the most enjoyable time. You really want a career in this I would start enjoying your time now because once you actually carry the responsibility it's fooked.

Maybe the pressure if needing to get it right is getting to you when you don't have the skill to do it yet?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't directed at anybody-but remember opinions are like a$$holes-everyone has one and most of the time they stink. Do what's right for you. If you want something bad enough, set your mind to it and do it. The only thing that will ever hold you back is YOU. Becoming a good tinter is just like everything in life-it takes time, patience and dedication. You had to learn how to read, ride a bike, change a spark plug or brake pads. None of this is instinctual-it's all learned. One piece of advice is buy some garbage tint, as cheap as you can find. All the time expecting it to be thrown in the garbage. Cut your doors. Install them. Do it 10 times. Cut your back window out. Shrink it. Install it. Do it 10 times. Every time you do it try to remember what you did right-what you did wrong. Not every car is gonna be an Integra, but all glass is pretty much the same. Cut it big. Shrink it. Install it without getting any dirt in it. I can pm you the # of a Miami film company that sells garbage tint with no bus license needed. Just plz guarantee me you won't ever leave that on anyone's car!!

This isn't directed at anybody-but remember opinions are like a$$holes-everyone has one and most of the time they stink. Do what's right for you. If you want something bad enough, set your mind to it and do it. The only thing that will ever hold you back is YOU. Becoming a good tinter is just like everything in life-it takes time, patience and dedication. You had to learn how to read, ride a bike, change a spark plug or brake pads. None of this is instinctual-it's all learned. One piece of advice is buy some garbage tint, as cheap as you can find. All the time expecting it to be thrown in the garbage. Cut your doors. Install them. Do it 10 times. Cut your back window out. Shrink it. Install it. Do it 10 times. Every time you do it try to remember what you did right-what you did wrong. Not every car is gonna be an Integra, but all glass is pretty much the same. Cut it big. Shrink it. Install it without getting any dirt in it. I can pm you the # of a Miami film company that sells garbage tint with no bus license needed. Just plz guarantee me you won't ever leave that on anyone's car!!

Very well said wolf!!! ????????

Guest 94turboteggy621

Thanks man Id really appreciate that a lot il try some of there tint then

I won't openly bash tint school on here. But the only way you can really learn is through real life hands on experience. Tinting at a tint shop that does several cars a day. Go around to some local shops. Tell them you have some basic experience. Try to land some part time work. Maybe even offer some free weekend help at first. Then watch. Learn. Soak up everything you can. You can't become a good tinter overnight. A tint school won't make you a good tinter. This forum and YouTube won't do it either. But if you use all of those things I just listed to your advantage, and start doing it on a daily(or more regular basis), then one day you will become a good tinter. Then in a year or two you may become a great tinter able to tint anything that comes in front of you. Patience young grasshopper. :thumb

Totally agree. School is just that. SCHOOL. A class is designed to introduce you to the basics and teach you the skills required.

You don't become a great driver by attending driving school. Sure a great teacher helps, but it's time on the road, among other great drivers that really locks in the skills.

x2 Totally agree with both of you. Very well put Wolf :thumb2

More pearls of wisdom Wolf :thumb2

I won't openly bash tint school on here. But the only way you can really learn is through real life hands on experience. Tinting at a tint shop that does several cars a day. Go around to some local shops. Tell them you have some basic experience. Try to land some part time work. Maybe even offer some free weekend help at first. Then watch. Learn. Soak up everything you can. You can't become a good tinter overnight. A tint school won't make you a good tinter. This forum and YouTube won't do it either. But if you use all of those things I just listed to your advantage, and start doing it on a daily(or more regular basis), then one day you will become a good tinter. Then in a year or two you may become a great tinter able to tint anything that comes in front of you. Patience young grasshopper. :thumb

Totally agree. School is just that. SCHOOL. A class is designed to introduce you to the basics and teach you the skills required.

You don't become a great driver by attending driving school. Sure a great teacher helps, but it's time on the road, among other great drivers that really locks in the skills.

I'm not sure I totally agree... Great drivers all go to school and learn the basics... A foundation to build on. As with almost all career paths some amount of education/ learning of the basics is essential to the long term success of the career.

No school ever teaches the exact how to do every job... They arm the individual with the basic foundation so when it's time to do the job you don't have to guess on how to accomplish the individual tasks to reach the desired outcome.

I don't know of any tint school or trade school for that matter that promises you will come out a pro... But they all promise to arm you with the needed skill set so you may become one...

Without it you are just a caveman trying to re-invent the wheel... It's not impossible ... But isn't it easier if you knew how it has been done before ?

So you disagreed with what he said- then just stated what he said differently. Ok...that makes sense. Our points were that it takes time to become good at anything. Sure a school can help you learn some basics, but it still takes time to develop and hone those skills. If you go to a driving school, or even a tint school for that matter...you're overwhelmed with so much information that once you get behind the drivers seat or in front of a window with an olfa in hand-all the info goes out the window and your left asking yourself "what's the first step again?" I didn't go to tint school. I didn't go to driving school. I was bad at both when I first started. But over time I got better. I had people to learn from and ask questions to. It was all hands on. The only way you will ever become a great tinter or great driver-is by doing it over and over and over. That was my point.

Well... It's wrong to discourage anyone from going to a school when they are trying to learn and frustrated. ....

That just indicates that they are not fortunate enough to have resources available to answer questions... Hell.. Most the noobs don't even know what questions they need to ask! Hence the reason for schools :twocents

Every school is going to turn out those that 'get it' and those that 'don't' .... Doesn't mean school is bad .... Just means the person needs to fill their tool box with a different set of tools and choose a different career ....

Archived