I think it's time to quit.

Guest 94turboteggy621

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the arguing on your post Teg. It's an open forum and sometimes the exchange of ideas or differing opinions-and especially the fact that remarks can be totally misconstrued-can lead to bickering. Were here to help as much as we can...so again I apologize for your post getting off topic. :thumb

Don't you just quit I'm new doing this and belive me I started out un my brand new van  some scratch on a glass I re did the car a couple of times  About seven tries on the back window side  sliding doors on a Sienna is nothing to play with for an unexperinced guy like me. and some how every time I re do it . I do it quiqur and better. Most of all the Tint Dude has a bunch of great Guys that help all the time . Last weekend I did my first car, and there are more to come, So put all of this behind lern from it practice practice ,  chage what you did wrong and keep pushing forward  The Guy who invented the light Bulb didn't make it on the firts try good luck to you.

Guess I should weigh in on this, whew!

First is that both of you have made valid points although some have been written with a slant. When I first started my training program years ago and thousands of students ago it was because as a small shop working with my wife I did really good in the business of gluing plastic to glass. I don't care what each person here thinks about what they do, it's really that you are just gluing plastic to glass.

Then as my business grew I started hiring window tinters who obviously didnt share my thoughts on the job and thought they were special because they were real good at gluing plastic to glass. After being put into situations I call " bent over the barrow " for a few years I decided to teach people how to learn the trade and keep a level head while avoiding a lot of the frustration of learning the basics of the job like lots of us on the forum had to do. Sometimes tinters that had to learn the old fashion way have a hard time understanding what 5 days training, 14 hours of back up knowledge on DVD and telephone support can do for the right type person.

Does everyone become fantastic tinters..... NO! I can lead them to the water by teaching not showing them the steps needed to tint all differant types of side windows and the steps and skills to heat form rear windows..... But I can't make um drink.

I'm a very good trainer and have many many successful students on this very forum but many never tint a window after school.

Simple human nature and it happens with any school / training. My best students are ones that pay for the training themselves and have the drive to get up and go again when they get their ass handed to them..... Over and over.

Part of learning is failing. In my training school I am there to show them how they failed and how to get up and do things differently. Training can take tons of frustration and countless months out the equation when learning to tint for those who have the drive.

To rise to the top of any profession you will have to work at it around 10,000 hours many studies show. I just make it easier to start that path.

The last advice I give students is this.. Remember you are just gluing plastic to glass and if you mess up no one is going to die and window film can't eat you.

A good tradesman like a electrician, plumber, carpenter....... Make around the same wage as we do but if they mess up people can die, they can lose the right to work in their profession. All we do is get another piece of film.

I hope I haven't offended anyone and that I have explained what training is about. I know there are better tinters than me on the board, I just teach.

Cheers

Stan

Guess I should weigh in on this, whew!

First is that both of you have made valid points although some have been written with a slant. When I first started my training program years ago and thousands of students ago it was because as a small shop working with my wife I did really good in the business of gluing plastic to glass. I don't care what each person here thinks about what they do, it's really that you are just gluing plastic to glass.

Then as my business grew I started hiring window tinters who obviously didnt share my thoughts on the job and thought they were special because they were real good at gluing plastic to glass. After being put into situations I call " bent over the barrow " for a few years I decided to teach people how to learn the trade and keep a level head while avoiding a lot of the frustration of learning the basics of the job like lots of us on the forum had to do. Sometimes tinters that had to learn the old fashion way have a hard time understanding what 5 days training, 14 hours of back up knowledge on DVD and telephone support can do for the right type person.

Does everyone become fantastic tinters..... NO! I can lead them to the water by teaching not showing them the steps needed to tint all differant types of side windows and the steps and skills to heat form rear windows..... But I can't make um drink.

I'm a very good trainer and have many many successful students on this very forum but many never tint a window after school.

Simple human nature and it happens with any school / training. My best students are ones that pay for the training themselves and have the drive to get up and go again when they get their ass handed to them..... Over and over.

Part of learning is failing. In my training school I am there to show them how they failed and how to get up and do things differently. Training can take tons of frustration and countless months out the equation when learning to tint for those who have the drive.

To rise to the top of any profession you will have to work at it around 10,000 hours many studies show. I just make it easier to start that path.

The last advice I give students is this.. Remember you are just gluing plastic to glass and if you mess up no one is going to die and window film can't eat you.

A good tradesman like a electrician, plumber, carpenter....... Make around the same wage as we do but if they mess up people can die, they can lose the right to work in their profession. All we do is get another piece of film.

I hope I haven't offended anyone and that I have explained what training is about. I know there are better tinters than me on the board, I just teach.

Cheers

Stan

:cool :cool :cool :cool  That's what makes this place a great one

Guest 94turboteggy621

Sorry for the arguing on your post Teg. It's an open forum and sometimes the exchange of ideas or differing opinions-and especially the fact that remarks can be totally misconstrued-can lead to bickering. Were here to help as much as we can...so again I apologize for your post getting off topic. :thumb

All good man I just don't want anyone turning on each other. After all were all here for the same reason..the love for window tinting..and the hate of window tinting (somtimes) lmao

Remember you are just gluing plastic to glass and if you mess up no one is going to die and window film can't eat you. A good tradesman like a electrician, plumber, carpenter....... Make around the same wage as we do but if they mess up people can die, they can lose the right to work in their profession. All we do is get another piece of film.

Since I've been a part of this forum I have seen you post comments similar to this countless times. I don't think this point can be emphasized enough. :thumb 

Archived