Automotive reverse roll question

Are you using a peel board to reverse roll it or leaving it on the BG? If possible transfer the patterned BG to a peel board. Spray both sides thoroughly to remove dirt. Then reverse roll it. When I install it I also make sure that none of the liner ever touches the glass. Sometimes I roll it directly onto the glass and sometimes I roll it out flat on the back deck then install it. Depends whether it has a brake light, tight c pillar trim, etc. I usually only reverse roll small cars that make using the Franky technique a pita, like newer Mustangs, coupes, etc. Hope this helps.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gave up on rolling, mainly due to the small specs I got on almost every installation.  I guess you can call me TACO MAN! because the Taco Style is the only thing that works consistently for me. 

1. I spray liner on the BG, place it back,
  2. fold one half to the middle, then the other half on top.  
  3. Take it inside the car
  4. Unfold it on top of the rear deck, 
  5. Peel liner and spray lightly
  6. Soak the glass
  7. and apply. 

I get awesome results every time, any touch ups, just deal with them as they come.

I've also found that the reverse roll seems to be more forgiving during install than franky. When I franky I get a clean install but seems like everything must go perfect for it to turn out that way. There have been a couple times where I've rolled and it didn't go smoothly and I think to myself "looks like I'll be redoing this" but when I look at the final product it looks great. Both seem to do the job but I find myself reverse rolling the majority of the time now.

Archived