Valiant film review

In the past few months I have been trying different films and mannys, those in the know see how the whole industry evolved with major improvements on film quality, and construction.

I would like to thank Mark from Valiant for his time in talking to me and generously sampling me. I was really surprised how well the Sirius 20% handled and looked.Of course I tested the scratch coat by using an unwrapped hard card and it is one tough coat. I was torn between 3 mannys and I'm gonna choose Valiant for my main line. Thanks Mark, for providing top-notch customer service. Her is what I used it on.e622d4bd46a9c0a6a949a9b97e779a80.jpg

The film is great! I used there film for years with minimal issues. The 15% unless improved turns purple though. All other shades where solid for me.

I will say to stay away from his flat glass film. It is a great film at a fair discount but I have learned the hard way that a glass breakage warranty is worth the 60-100 a roll savings. I am at 5 windows now that I have to pay to replace. DOH!

One thing I did always enjoy was being able to speak with an owner even if I was just ordering film. They are all family too I believe.

The film is great! I used there film for years with minimal issues. The 15% unless improved turns purple though. All other shades where solid for me.

I will say to stay away from his flat glass film. It is a great film at a fair discount but I have learned the hard way that a glass breakage warranty is worth the 60-100 a roll savings. I am at 5 windows now that I have to pay to replace. DOH!

One thing I did always enjoy was being able to speak with an owner even if I was just ordering film. They are all family too I believe.

Hi JM,

Thanks for the positive feedback. A few years ago we brought on a "one year" film to offer as a lesser cost film.

Unfortunately, it was crap squared! Wouldn't be worth it if I gave it away.

I'm grateful that our "Sirius" is as rock solid as any film in the market.

We had a number of installers that started ordering 60" Sirius for flatglass and in an effort to avoid impending disaster, I offered a line of films that were more suitable. Over the last few years the Dual Reflective Film Series have become popular and we sold it outside of Store.govaliant.com.

There have been tons of articles written about glass breakage and seal failure on dual pane glass. It can be tricky even for the most seasoned flatglass installer.

Property Management Companies have glazing contractors on speed dial, because they incur glass issues every time the temperature changes, the building shifts, or the wind blows to hard and these are building without film.

When an installer chooses a film based upon film to glass charts, they lessen the risk of failure, but it is never eliminated. With Low E, it becomes riskier still yet.

It's a numbers game with all MFG's. Based on historical data, they know what percentage to expect on failures and create pricing to absorb it. 

No one is in the business to lose money, especially the big ones with Stockholders and a Board of Directors to answer to.

There may very well be an advantage for some to pay a premium for their Flat Glass Films and buy a safety net. Marketing materials, Tech Support, free hats, and T shirts! After all, everyone like free stuff! But, who pays for it at the end of the day

Our private label program in most cases offers a competitive edge without sacrificing quality.

I am committed to helping our customers and I will do what I can to soften the blow.

My efforts to discover all the facts will help you down the road regardless of the film you use.

Look forward to visiting more.

MR

Say what you want but it's not about free stuff from the other guys. It's about losing window after window on jobs I've done an NO dealer support. Just a random statement from you saying "they have glazes on speed dial". Funny but I am dealing with it myself not the property managers and I do not have glazes in my pocket. Unlike you I can't just pass the buck I have a soul and morales and a small business at risk.

Say what you want I have 6 broken pains now and you just say oh it's every thing but the film. Funny but the windows I am doing have been here for years. Now I am replacing them with someone else's film so I have a warranty.

I'm sure after all the years you have been in this game you have every excuse down but it's all nonsense. Good luck in the future but remember do unto others as you would like done to yourself. It'll come back around to you. Just be honest and tell the truth...... you said because it was cheap you can't afford to fix it. You don't have insurance for that remember? Lol 

Sorry to be so honest it's getting expensive for me. Oh and Express Window Films offers DR with a warranty and a glass breakage warranty for the same price you were selling it to mefor. I believed in you. See why I am salty?

Say what you want but it's not about free stuff from the other guys. It's about losing window after window on jobs I've done an NO dealer support. Just a random statement from you saying "they have glazes on speed dial". Funny but I am dealing with it myself not the property managers and I do not have glazes in my pocket. Unlike you I can't just pass the buck I have a soul and morales and a small business at risk.

Say what you want I have 6 broken pains now and you just say oh it's every thing but the film. Funny but the windows I am doing have been here for years. Now I am replacing them with someone else's film so I have a warranty.

I'm sure after all the years you have been in this game you have every excuse down but it's all nonsense. Good luck in the future but remember do unto others as you would like done to yourself. It'll come back around to you. Just be honest and tell the truth...... you said because it was cheap you can't afford to fix it. You don't have insurance for that remember? Lol 

Sorry to be so honest it's getting expensive for me. Oh and Express Window Films offers DR with a warranty and a glass breakage warranty for the same price you were selling it to mefor. I believed in you. See why I am salty?

Sounds like you have a bone to pick with a few different companies.

Why all the hate of late?

Salty isn't the word I would use to describe you or your post of lately, I would say my name for you would start with **************

I had to come back and edit my own comment. I don't want to start talking about anyone which is what made me so mad to start with. In this business glass breaks and as you know you must be very carful what type you stick where and even what elevation you install.

It bothers me, in fact makes me kinda mad when I you talk about Mark this way in a public forum. I have known Mark for 35 years in this business and have always found him to be a good person, very knowledgable, helpful and above all honest.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with glass breakage /Marks business. With the Internet it is way to easy to drag someone's name in the dirt no matter if they did wrong or not. Seeing way to much of this lately. Just saying....

Hopefully things turn around for you James

Ric, sorry to pop on here and cause potential problems, just tired of the ranting.... Feel free to delete my post at anytime. No problem.

Archived