4-door car.....How you do it??

Everyone has a different pattern from start to finish....Just wondering what your pattern is and why??

I hand cut so I double cut my doors and 1/4's and then shrink and cut my backglass.  Once everything is cut and shrunk, I install the driver side doors and 1/4...now I know my doors are cut well and will install properly...now that my install glass is free of film on the drivers side, I put my backglass piece up and go ahead and install my backglass....now my backglass can sit and cure a little while I do the other doors...I now install my passenger side doors and then dry everything and double check it all...then out the door and ready for the next one.  That's my basic pattern for a car.  What's yours??

After a quick inspection of the car with the customer I go over my spiel about drying time, dot matrix and what not, pull the car in, wipe down the windows, and then apply my soap to the back window and let it dry while I make my side glass patterns.

Check the trunk and tarp it.

Shrink the back glass film, cut it, put it on the peeler. Next shrink the side glass if needed and put them on the peeler. If anything needs to be removed like rear shelf or door panels at this point it is done.

At this point, usually after a smoke, start prepping the glass and installing, rear window first, finishing in the front. Reassemble if needed and  parked outside for inspection and tooling of any imperfections and final cleaning.

Clean inside of back glass then wipe the outside of back glass. Apply a thin coat of soapy water and pull the film while it drys quickly. Shrink back glass, cut, reverse roll, then install.

I then move to the back drivers side door. Scrub clean, pull panels or sweeps, then wipe the outside off. Pull film and double cut. Roll the passenger side and lay in the seat. Final clean the door glass then install. Reassemble whatever I pulled and move to the front side.

No running around the car back and forth. Very little wasted movements.

I rinse the car off if its dirty, pull anything that needs to be pulled, then clean all the windows. Back glass shrink then slap in. Cut the rollups, trim, then slap them in. Then the quarters get done. Back it out heater on wide azz open and let it bake. I don't double cut, never found it any faster. I lay the film on all 4 then cut them all. 

So far I am the weird one (but I knew that already)  who installs his backglass in the middle of doing the doors.  That's 3 that install the backglass first and then doors.   :hmmm  who else :?

-Pull car in.

-Clean and soap BG.

-Double cut doors and quarters.

-Shrink and cut BG.

-Next step depends on the car:

If it's an easy peasy BG I'll do the doors first. (In the same order every time: back pass, front pass, back driver, front driver)

If I suspect the BG will give me trouble I start on that, then doors.

-Final wipe down, glass cleaning and inspection.

-Pull car out.

-Remember I was supposed to do a visor strip.

-Pull car back in.

-Install visor.

-ANOTHER final wipe down and inspection.

-Pull car out.

We know I'm with you on this one Bham.

clean outside and clean inside of back glass.

double cut doors on passenger side.

tint from passenger side front to back.

use heat gun to heat sides .once nice and hot shrink backglass.

franky style it in .squeegee from bottom up.

next back drivers then drivers last.keep the drivers side last cause I'm better the more I do.

-Pull car out.

-Remember I was supposed to do a visor strip.

-Pull car back in.

:spit

I know this all too well

Once car is pulled in:

-pull sweeps or remove panels.

-cut doors, I never double cut. Doesn't really save me time :dunno

-clean and stick door glass. I normally do doors first because I normally don't shrink them so doing them first gives me time to see if any fingers will pop up.

-clean back glass then use dryer sheet.

-cut back glass tint and shrink.

-reverse roll all but hatchbacks.

-use liner and trace quarter glass, cut on peel board. Install

- install visor strip

- replace seals/door pannels

-final inspection.

Archived