Has anyone use tint slime on flat glass installs? I use it for auto was seeing if its a good idea to use it or to not use it on residential flat glass.

So what ratio do you use for autos??? I still love it for flat glass,
My ratio for auto is 2 shots per gallon. For back glass on simple cars it's 3 shots, however I have an Audi gallon that's 4. (Due to their amp placement I use the extra slip to lessen the amount of fluid used in total. Just enough to wet the film and none on the glass it's self. )

This change with the humidity though adding about half a shot when needed.

I use the Jr pump sprayer, but mix everything in the gallons of distilled water I buy. Usually about 10 gallons bought and end with 11 gallons of usable material. (Gotta pour some out when getting ready to ad my slime shots)

1 shot is literally 1 shot glass.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why a lot of installer like the tintslime. It doesn't build up what I call soap nuggets in your sprayer.

Ok I wanted to ask you guys something there a car dealer that will give me 8 cars a week but he only pays 90 per car should I use solar guard or should I buy a cheaper tint

Since when does the custy dictate the price he will pay? :facepalm2

No its a car dealer he has lots of cars he buys them and tint them and then sell them..... and there's a tinter that does it any car just the back half for 90.. but he said he will give me 7 cars per week

sounds like you get to do 1 car for 90 bucks, and wait for a call that never comes, be carefull, you will always be promised the earth by Stealers, !! and wish in one hand sh1t in the other,

be carefull, as normally that 2nd or 3rd car never comes, they get a 1 off cheap tint job,

Back to tintslime 1 cap full per litre works for me tacs up well, good stuff,

Has anyone use tint slime on flat glass installs? I use it for auto was seeing if its a good idea to use it or to not use it on residential flat glass.

So what ratio do you use for autos??? I still love it for flat glass, 

A lot to the everywhere. I put in, *squeezes bottle* that much!

Thanks for the info , Sounds like over double the slime for autos, Ready to put it to the test. :thumb

I use a 2qt bottle(mostly for auto and small jobs) and tried about 1oz for the 1st time using it on auto and was very hot and sticky temps in my shop,,seemed like to much slip but that's okay for hot temps

Also did a 5'+7' office window

Whatever it works but I have enough BS for a long time and baby shampoo also,lol dollar general bs is fine also

Archived