Pain't protection beginner.

$895 covers film, tools, and lunches. Classes are held in San Antonio, TX weekly. Shoot me an e-mail at jphillips@xpel.com and I can give you maps, hotel info, etc. We'd love to have you down, as we need someone in the Las Cruces area!

How many hours does this class run, I've been thinking about learning ppf.

9 am - 5 pm, Monday through Thursday.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

$895 covers film, tools, and lunches. Classes are held in San Antonio, TX weekly. Shoot me an e-mail at jphillips@xpel.com and I can give you maps, hotel info, etc. We'd love to have you down, as we need someone in the Las Cruces area!

How many hours does this class run, I've been thinking about learning ppf.

9 am - 5 pm, Monday through Thursday.

Thanks. Definately interested. Probably won't be til early next year.

Sounds good.  Just try to reach out to us about 4-6 weeks before you plan to come out for the best chance at landing a spot in the class.  Winter tends to be a busy time for training since tint shops and car sales inevitably slow down.

In my opinion Tinting is much more difficult than PPF, PPF is much more forgiving. I would definitly reccomend a training course for PPF you should pick it up quickly if you have the patience for tint. I was trianed through my 3M supplier, contact one your suppliers they should be able to set you up. I would reccomend 3m proseries or Xpel ultimate, stay away from Venture Shield it turns yellowish and looks like crap down the road. Get into PPF you can make great money if do nice installs, wrap everything around the edges for full coverage and explain that you will get business word of mouth, most shops are lazy and wont do it. Practice using your knife on an old fender or something it comes in handy, it is a very very fine line cutting PPF on a car with a carbon blade and not actually cutting into the paint. 

Archived