It's been a good run.

Dave I wish you well and hope you continue to share your knowledge here. Through all walks of life you meet certain people that when they talk you know they know their shizz and you best pay attention. In the tint industry that would most definitely include you.

Some of what you say goes right over my head but as I continue to learn I hope to better understand all the wonderful information you've shared with us :beer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hear this smartie2shoes. So I don't really know the whole story and have read I think all the comments. So you worked for a manufacturer or an installer or what. I did read you were private it about it. Also Greensboro? What state?

I'll still be around the forum and even be able to post during the day. Ha!

For those who have known who I am and where I worked, it's with great appreciation for respecting my need for anonymity that I have to say, thank you. My name is Dave Laufenberg and it has been a good run. I hold no ill-will for what was brought to my plate today. My immediate plans have nothing to do with regaining employment... at least not until the new year. It's break time!

hi Smartie, 

I have been a fan of your posts in recent years. You're a good man and I salute you for your contributions here which enhance our knowledge in the trade.  :beer 

I do feel disheartened after reading your update. In a way, this post dampens the upcoming Thanksgiving mood in TD, especially among the veterans of our industry who feel strongly for you.  There are now fewer among us, who feel as emotionally-attached to our trade; taking pride and allure at the underlying satisfaction of improving glass aesthetics and comfort because of the professionalism of our work. 

You are an asset in our industry, you will be highly sought-after. Just remember to thread carefully.

Please take care and move on, good brother. Chapter 2 starts now!

Dave I wish you well and hope you continue to share your knowledge here. Through all walks of life you meet certain people that when they talk you know they know their shizz and you best pay attention. In the tint industry that would most definitely include you.

Some of what you say goes right over my head but as I continue to learn I hope to better understand all the wonderful information you've shared with us :beer

X2 Dave! Sorry to hear this because generally not many of us older guys like change but you can hang with the big dogs. Enjoy your time off and make a plan you want to do. Making changes can as Martha Stewart says "be a good thing" .... You are one of the more intelligent articulate people in this small pond we fish in called the window film industry :twocents

Anything I can help you with if needed just ask.

Stan

Sorry to hear this smartie2shoes. So I don't really know the whole story and have read I think all the comments. So you worked for a manufacturer or an installer or what. I did read you were private it about it. Also Greensboro? What state?

Your State. And, I really need not speak to what happened other than I played a role in it and the economy played a role. I spent most years in support roles and when taking on the newest endeavor a year ago I knew then it was short-term. Just didn't think it would only be a year. 

Thanks everyone for your outpouring and uplifting encouragement. As always most like to share there experiences these days through social media because though there may not be a face to the key'd words, relations are built to a point of meaningful.

Just know, I am in no way down or depressed over the situation the morning after, as I saw the writing on the wall a year ago and made preparations for this very type of event. It became evident this past Monday yesterday was in the planned stage.

I do plan on continuing to support this site and if you will please, understand I am bound by law not to discuss certain aspects of what I do know. In essence, I must honor my exiting agreement with my previous employer.

With the economy for the last 7yrs,,its been tough

But you mentioned you helped design the gasket shields? Even tho most on here dont seem to use them,,,,I like them and probly would have quit tinting cars long time ago,,the 1990s caddy's with their seals and seatbelts in the door were a major pain to toploader style and other GM cars

Guys and gals...

35 years in the industry and almost 20 years employment at one of the major mannies of our industry came to an end for me today. I guess I'll have lots of time to  :drevil  :bogabut:  :devilangel  :reading  :err  but no  :violin please.  :coffee

Dave, 

Very sorry to hear that.

I am sure whoever your replacement may be, will NOT have the knowledge and hands on experience you have acquired over the years.

Looking forward on seeing you on here and Good luck on the path you take.............. :thumb

I will still give you shiat on here as well.............. :spit

Archived