50% Windshield tint?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lose sleep now knowing in 2-5 years alot of windshield tint is going to go bad. The consumer will have to get it replaced cause its the main vision source. People will let back glass go bad.

Shoot...that's good money.  Stick a steamer in there, shrink a new sheet, peel it out and re apply.  I had to redo mine cuz I had Hybrid in it and the metallic was messin with me at night.  Put ceramic back in and it's all good now, but man, that'd be a $250-300 1.5hr bill...lol.  I think I could manage.  Send em over here....lol.

I'm pretty sure state, as it's generally listed seperately up there. None that I know of are gonna say it's ok though. Are most people gonna have to worry about it? No probably not. This is kinda the way I feel and I'm not starting anything legality wise. There's another thread for that. Everyone in here I assume drives some kinda vehicle on a daily basis. I almost guarantee every single one of us has gone over the speed limit. You're driving down the road doing 56 in a 55. Is a cop going to pull you? Probably not. Is he capable? Entirely. The chances of someone getting caught with 70 or 80 on the windshield are probably the same. The thing is though is more than likely you'll never be able to tell the customer it is a "legal film" .hope this helps.

We just tell them it is 100% illegal, but I do not know of anyone that has been pulled over for it ranging from 50-70 VLT.  Excited to start offering Air 80/90 for lighter options.

I'm pretty sure state, as it's generally listed seperately up there. None that I know of are gonna say it's ok though. Are most people gonna have to worry about it? No probably not. This is kinda the way I feel and I'm not starting anything legality wise. There's another thread for that. Everyone in here I assume drives some kinda vehicle on a daily basis. I almost guarantee every single one of us has gone over the speed limit. You're driving down the road doing 56 in a 55. Is a cop going to pull you? Probably not. Is he capable? Entirely. The chances of someone getting caught with 70 or 80 on the windshield are probably the same. The thing is though is more than likely you'll never be able to tell the customer it is a "legal film" .hope this helps.

The problem here in Utah isn't getting pulled over. The problem is that we have a Inspection. Having to remove and replace the two front doors when you fail is no financial biggie for most people.

But having to remove and replace your windshield film that cost you 250 + could piss some one off.

Archived