Will this go away over time?

They could probably easily take a tool to it and minimize those spots. This will reduce the size of what you are looking at. Yes though if they've already redone it three times the fourth isn't going to be any better.

I just called them and the guy said it'd be easier to minimize them after two weeks when it has completely dried.  

Thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me personally I'd rather go ahead and get it in. He's probably assuming what you have will dry without seeing it. Either that or you'll forget about it :lol

Well I specifically said it was caused by specs of dirt and tiny hairs and he said it'd be easier to wait until it dried.

If they can minimize it then the customer can live it and if they can't they might have to install ceramic tint yet again on the back glass so one would think they'd be motivated to try and fix it in optimal conditions (dry vs wet). 

Me personally I'd rather go ahead and get it in. He's probably assuming what you have will dry without seeing it. Either that or you'll forget about it :lol

I didn't want to start another thread, but will those gaps right before and after the defroster lines go away (or at least be minimized) over time?

image_zps2y0wxkhn.jpeg

It's because the defrost and dot matrix are raised off of the glass creating air pockets on each side.

When I was fixing that blemish at the corner of the dot matrix (thanks for the help on that by the way) I noticed there was about about two inches on the bottom defroster line where the gap was slightly wider than on the rest.  So I gently moved my finger along it and now it's slightly (but not by much) narrower than the rest.

Could I do that to all of them or would I risk screwing up the tint?  Also even if I did would they probably just pop back up over time?

Archived