Will this go away over time?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because your car might only be months old doesn't mean you haven't had a dozen dogs or hookers laid up in the back seat.

I'm not sure what that has to do with your post of "Dude, that is a big window compared to the sides. Crap is going to get in there regardless of how old the car is", but thanks for the funny comment.  :lol

I wasn't pointing that out to cause a problem. I'm sorry if I did. I was simply making a valid point. Everyone else seems to have taken my comment as a shot at you Steve, and that was not my intention. Again, I'm sorry for causing any issues.

I was not saying you are being to picky. I was simply saying don't be too picky.

:sorry

I wasn't pointing that out to cause a problem. I'm sorry if I did. I was simply making a valid point. Everyone else seems to have taken my comment as a shot at you Steve, and that was not my intention. Again, I'm sorry for causing any issues.

I was not saying you are being to picky. I was simply saying don't be too picky.

:sorry

No worries.  That first part was more in general for the people thinking I was blaming the shop for the gaps on the defroster lines when I was simply asking if there was a way I could minimize them.

It was kind of surprising though considering I posted I was going to accept the blemishes while another poster said there were so many he would probably have it redone.

Kind of funny though.  Everything was fine, I leave, check back in about 6 hours and find the thread has pretty much turned into this.  :lol 

pitchforks.gif

Well the crescent isn't going away just by gently running my finger under it.

The side glass is fine, but there are about 4 dots on the top left corner of the back glass alone due to specs of dirt and/or very, very tiny hairs (last time the guy said they were probably fiber hairs from the fuzzy upholstery right underneath the back glass on the Mustang).

This is the third time this tint shop has applied tint to the back glass.  The guy said due to imperfections in the air pretty much every tint job is going to have at least some specs of dirt and/or tiny hairs under the tint.  He also said the back glass of the Mustang made it more likely to happen than something like a truck.

What's throwing me is this place got extremely good reviews and a LOT of them.

I've already spent about 10 hours total on this and am leaning towards grudgingly accepting it.

What do you guys think?

image_zps2y0wxkhn.jpeg

Customer...... conceive this..... how much of a percentage would you say if you combined these specks make up the entire job?

Do the maths...a zillionith, zillionnith of a percent?

I'll do it for you....it would be a figure so small you couldn't comprehend a number so the guy has tried his best, get over it and get on with life.

Film will never be glass, that's your first mistake.

You've got environment dust in the atmosphere, you 've got the imperfection in the glass microscopic as they are, the film  manufacturers cannot get it perfect even in the most sophisticated clean rooms, and water is not pure.

Realise what it is that you 've bought....an aftermarket stick on.

Devil

I can see this person's concerns as legit since he has had film before on a different car done at a different shop with a better outcome.

I've had similar instances of a client that returned three times for quarter window dissatisfaction and like someone has said, there comes a point whereby the current multiple install has to be either accepted as it is or have it removed. In those instances our policy was three times you're out. Case in point:

The client I speak of back in the day was asked to bring her car in and I would make it right. She did so. Two hours later a call came in asking if it was ready... yes it is... when she arrived everyone in the shop disappeared like roaches in bright light after dark. Why? They new what I had as this customer's remedy. Once she came inside and berated me for having removed all the tint from her car, I simply slid a refund check and her keys across the counter and kindly asked her to find another shop that could meet her expectations. She left practically mowing her husband down as he reached out to shake my hand, saying, thank you. This was something I've done at least three times in my tinting career.

As to the scuff marks, they simply add more fuel to this already burnt out fire of an internet discussion going nowhere. They, too, need be addressed by the shop rather than building an arsenal of feedback before going. For me... If I feel I am right about something of this nature, the only evidence needed before going back as a dissatisfied customer is the work or product itself. The solution, questions and answers need be addressed directly to the shop involved.

Oh and please, understand that rating systems on the internet are as accurate as the recent polls telling of what to expect in the Iowa caucuses. The best way to determine a shops installation qualifications is to visit their shop 'in person' and look over recently completed installs.

That was the serious side two cents.... now the comical side... what came to mind when seeing pictures of interior scuff marks was an 'as seen on TV' add saying, But wait there's more.  :spit

Archived