Cold Weather Tinting

It has been said on here, I believe by Howard, that the amount of IPA needed to stop freezing would destroy the adhesive of the film. The little bit that we would add is not enough.

If you find the film is sliding to much and taking to long to get tacked then adjust your slip ratio.

I for one don't really vary mine. Shops are normally 55 to 65 this time of year and it works good enough. Might have to heat some windows to get them to tack faster but that is the extent.

It was 3* here this am. We installed some Sim Glass ( it is basically a clear embossed vinyl ) similar in consistency to Dusted or Frosted Crystal. .. The windows were 25x32 dual pane,lower sashes of double hung openings. In a new construction building. .. The air that was leaking in from around the window frames and seals was so cold it was making the film brittle and it would crack as I was cutting it.. Again these windows were 25x32... That's about 45 seasons to set the film in place before starting to cut it... This weekend is going to have wind chills of -25/30

Archived