Finally getting a plotter for tint, need advice

McCoyH

PPF will be the biggest reason to get a plotter.  When it comes to cutting tint it will be a hit or miss, but allows you to adjust to your liking so the pattern will be better for the next time.  We will be doing ours next month for PPF and will probably use it for Sun Strips (so there is no curve), Windshields, and Rear Windows...probably will stick to hand cutting the doors since they are typically the problems.

PPF will be the biggest reason to get a plotter.  When it comes to cutting tint it will be a hit or miss, but allows you to adjust to your liking so the pattern will be better for the next time.  We will be doing ours next month for PPF and will probably use it for Sun Strips (so there is no curve), Windshields, and Rear Windows...probably will stick to hand cutting the doors since they are typically the problems.

What's wrong with the door window pattern exactly? Thanks for the reply :)

Don't have tons of experience with it, hopefully some others will add their problems.  However, everyone I have talked to all have issues with doors no matter the software.

Okay, thanks for your help :)

@ McCoyH

You might want to check out the 2016 Civic thread. The gap ,,, is usually an issue with plotter vs hand cut.

Dynamic made an excellent point that with a plotter cut, the gap tends to be a little more at the top because you still have to have film to tuck. This is where pattern adjustment comes into play. Just sayin. :thumb

@ McCoyH

You might want to check out the 2016 Civic thread. The gap ,,, is usually an issue with plotter vs hand cut.

Dynamic made an excellent point that with a plotter cut, the gap tends to be a little more at the top because you still have to have film to tuck. This is where pattern adjustment comes into play. Just sayin. :thumb

Yeah I saw that.... Uuugghhh, I'll probably end up holding off on getting a plotter after I saw the Civic thread

I would have to agree with WTFhat. I have seen a few instances where my flat glass guy could not have done some jobs properly if he hadn't had a 60" plotter. If you can get one, I would go for 60" just to make sure you are not limited. :twocents

We got a 72in plotter just so we could handle any job that may come to us.

Will a 72" plotter accept 72" film?

I would have to agree with WTFhat. I have seen a few instances where my flat glass guy could not have done some jobs properly if he hadn't had a 60" plotter. If you can get one, I would go for 60" just to make sure you are not limited. :twocents

We got a 72in plotter just so we could handle any job that may come to us.

Will a 72" plotter accept 72" film?

F1, do you have the Precision Cut system?  If so, how do you feel about about it?

Edited by DynamicAppearance