New 2016 GTI: Was my Clear bra applied correctly?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tango,

Okay no worries. I can understand how difficult a business can be to run so i don't want to throw them under the bus (unless they do something worse)

The owner said that i was "too picky" and wasn't sure that my standards could ever be met. But the owner offered to redo the job, but then later a $450 refund.

If shops give out full refunds, are they able to stay in business? are the profit margins high in tinting/clearbra business?

That is the worst PPF job I have ever seen.  Should be a full refund and removal.  Make sure you do more research into the next shop because there is no shop in Rockville, MD that is an authorized Premium Shield installer so god knows if that is even the product they used.  There are actually none in MD period.

Everyone, 

Thank you again for the responses. So now i have come up to another hurdle...

The tint jobs looks "good" so far. But I was looking at my rear window tint job. i paid $325 for this tint job.

Link HERE: https://www.flickr.com/photos/121275182@N04/albums/72157663877011013

Questions:

1. The drive side window, the tint seems to get very close to the top edge, which i believe it good! But its not "entirely even" at the top. But would you guys consider this close enough? 

2. Dot Matrix: they seemed to take the strategy to not cover the dot matrix with tint, which i do understand. Is this an industrial norm? DO you consider the rear window tint lints good?

3. Bottom right/left rear window, small bubbles: this is what does BUG ME. Would you consider the rear window a good job? will those bubbles go away? or does it need to be redone?

4. What do you think of this job?

Again thanks for all the help! You guys have been very very beneficial to me!

Will be getting the clearbra redone this Friday at SpeedFreak Detailing in Chantilly VA. Do any of you guys have experience with this shop?

Archived