New 2016 GTI: Was my Clear bra applied correctly?

Hey all!

1st post here. i am a proud new owner of a 2016 VW GTI 4 Door, 6 Speed Manual, PP, DCC in the DC/NOVA area.
I really enjoy the car so far especially with the DCC on the rough DC roads. Torque puts a smile on my face every time!

So, i am staying ahead of the curve and immediately got a clear bra or Paint Protection Film put on my car. I did a bunch of research and decided to get PremiumShield Elite (i did a bunch of research on XPEL, Sunteck, etc.)
Just got the car done today, now it still needs time to settle in (water bubbles need to work themselves out). But there are a few spots that i believe are "not perfect" and its giving me a bit of anxiety.

So my question is: To the ones that have a clear bra/Paint protection film, are these gaps that i see (pictures below) "normal" or is it shotty work. I really appreciate your responses!!
If not, do you have any advice? i wouldn't be able to take it back and get a refund would i? Is there a place you recommend? The owner said i can come back "anytime" and they'll cover it under warranty, but I'm not sure if i can find that in writing

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh man.... Im not going to say because i don't want to bash the company. But it was a tint shop in Rockville MD.

So, do you guys any recommendation on what to do? Should i give them a call? Most likely they won't give me a refund.

You guys recommend me spending another $800 and getting it done with Sunteck at a more reputable location in Chantilly VA?

Thank you,

...you know I'm not sure, I figure they need to stay in business and thats what i thought is reasonable. I am comfortable with asking for $450

Do Clear Bra shops usually refund the entire amount if things are not done right?

Honestly I don't know. I tint that's it. If I had a customer that I couldn't put out a product to his satisfactory I would completely strip and full refund. With what you posted maybe that shop doesn't need to stay in business.

Archived