New 2016 GTI: Was my Clear bra applied correctly?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Side window because the gap is not even across and rear window because of the dirt in it.  DOT matrix looks normal (the film does go over top it) because the film can't go in between the dots because they are raised on top of the window.  You can run your finger along it to make it looks as even as possible, but no matter where you go or what film you get it will be the same.

UPDATE: alright guys, Tons of help thanks!!

i just uploaded all my windows now because you guys bring up good points. Do these windows need to be redone? Are the windows a bad, good, great job. Can another shop do better?

Link (same link as last post): https://www.flickr.com/photos/121275182@N04/albums/72157663877011013/with/25323010973/

Op... I would pick my battles if I were you...

Go back to your shop and ask if they can address whatever is bugging you ... It really doesn't matter our opinion on everything else... It's your car and you need to be happy with it.

I would address the ppf and the window with the specks that bother you... But I wouldn't go looking for problems if you see none... That never ends well.

IMO do not let that shop touch your car again unless it is to remove all the PPF film. 

I am 90% certain they cut your paint while trimming the clear bra. Since they don't know how to install correctly, I doubt they know how to trim correctly.

You have two options that I see:

-Live with the film how it is.

-Ask for a full refund of the clear bra and have them remove it in front of you. Then go to an experienced installer.

Exactly this!

Looks like some of that was hand cut

I would check the paintwork at the edges very closely.

Whereabouts in the world was the Job done?

I agree wholeheartedly. If the application is suspect, the fine dexterity with the knife is likely subpar as well. If you were to have it removed, the remedy could range from light compounding to serious buff, to repainting panels...

It must be overwhelming to you. I'm sorry your experience has gone this way.

Perfect is next to impossible, but consumers deserve way better than this.

Archived